ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Sam

That is truly over the top... fined and suspension from the team til he completes the classes. What was so bad he said (horrible) really! Now that's over the top. As Derrick Ward said, his children was watching that and he was upset. (Like I stated earlier)
So if that's what the NFL Draft going to be like from now on. It should be a public announcement before the show, to alert the context of this program may have graphic materials that children should be advised.
Then that's giving the public the right to continue watching or turn the station. Don't make it so we have to watch it cause you agree with it. Contrary to some people's belief, some children never seen this kind of behavior between adults. And should not be watching a program that does it without warning. ...

This post was edited on 5/14 3:46 PM by Bulletproof09

I'm going to make a prediction - Michael Sam will always be the first "openly gay player taken in the draft," but that will be the peak of his NFL career.

I don't really think he has the talent for a notable career and may not even be on the Rams when Week 1 comes around in a couple of months. The Rams would have to consider potential unintended consequences if they want to cut him after preseason, but the guy is a late 7th round pick... not many of them even make an active roster, let alone become a consistent contributor.

So - this is a good distraction for the NFL to keep it interesting during the offseason (regardless which side of the issue you fall on), but come December... he won't be relevant beyond the fact that he was drafted and is gay.

Originally posted by joeben83:
The Rams would have to consider potential unintended consequences if they want to cut him after preseason, but the guy is a late 7th round pick... not many of them even make an active roster, let alone become a consistent contributor.
Good point. This is going to be a three ring circus, the only question is who's wearing the floppy shoes? I can only imagine what a zoo training camp would be if a NYC or CA team had selected Sam. It would be like Tebowmania all over again with a player of similar potential.

"Judge him by what he done on what field?" I never heard of him til this stuff came up about him... Not to say when he did come out, it was a lot of negative about his performance as a player.... So why is he in a commercial? Oh for what he did in college!!! {Blankstare} sounds of crickets

BTW Special good post
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Michael $am: Reality TV Star

America, for the most part, would wrap its arms around Michael Sam, the gay, underdog football player fighting to find his place in the NFL. America, for the most part, will reject Michael $am, the gay, in-your-face political/media pawn using the NFL as a platform to launch his celebrity brand.

Michael $am undermines the credibility of Michael Sam.
It all feels orchestrated now: the michaelsam.com.
Michael Sam, the football player, is being used ... by everyone. Weiss, Barkett and Bragman are cashing in. Oprah is hoping an attachment to the NFL can breathe life into her network the way the league does for CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN. The LGBT movement appears to be more concerned with Sam advancing the cause than making the roster. And, yes, the cause is more important than football. But playing football advances the cause a lot more than Real World St. Louis.

The right message

This beyond real,
I hope they play it 100 times a day for 100 days... Good the children need to see it, we have protecting kids far to long from themselves????? Because they know they are gay at the age of 7 or 8 and his tired of people telling them it's wrong???? (IT DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY WITH ALL CHILDREN) hello

This is going to far, when people believe they have the right to project, their thinking process on other children without the regards of the parents and their beliefs. This ish just got real...

No the real deal is you want children to believe this is a normal way of life, like a man and a woman. You want them to accept seeing it as a normal way of living, so the battle won't be as hard on their generation who are like that. Still it's an adult (now)putting the thought process there, as it was in telling them your normal for feeling this way. No matter how it came to be, every child that grows up gay, dont have these gay tendency because of feeling they was born with this.. A lot of them where touched by a sickos, which caused them to be the way they are... Don't forget that... A lot of gay people I know was touched when they was younger male and females....

This post was edited on 5/16 10:27 PM by Bulletproof09

So, you're disgusted by it due to your love of humanity? You want to protect Michael Sam and other homosexual African Americans from the risks of their lifestyles? Come on, you know that's not true. You just don't condone the gay lifestyle. That's OK. It's just an opinion, and all of us are allowed to have one. But, to pretend it's based on some strong belief in public health and you are just protecting all these poor, innocent people from themselves is laughable.

There are differing beliefs on whether someone is born gay or chooses to be that way, as well as varying level of acceptance of that lifestyle. What I don't like about this whole thing is that no one is allowed to be critical or unaccepting (basically, state their opinion) in forums other than ones like this. If a sportcaster or other public figure even hints that he/she doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle, they are fined, suspended, banned, etc. We're getting to the point that you are being punished for your thoughts, not your actions, and we aren't afforded the opportunity to express our opinions and beliefs if they differ from the "PC". It's disappointing to say the least.

He's trying to make the team, just like every other draftee and rookie free agent. Look for a Rams message board if you want to check up on his progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT