ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Sam

Bulletproof09

Supe
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2013
Was picked by the Rams... OK that's nice and all.. But what the hell was that display of affection him and his partner did... OK they was in their own house or whatever. But the cake kissing like they just got married was horrible. And confused that they didn't cut that off quick. I get the fact he is who he is, but to go as far as he did tonight, makes me believe his going to far to prove a point. The Show was uncalled for...

Originally posted by finnane:

Cake is delicious. Everybody likes cake.
Did someone say cake? I'd like a piece, please.

And I don't want to sound ungrateful, but did anyone bring ice cream? If I had known about the cake, I would have made some ice cream.

Hahaha haha you are to funny. But it took me totally off guard as to what those two did at a "Draft". The Draft is a family event, everybody got girls, we didn't see that from no other player. It was disrespectful. I'm just saying! The kids I had at my house watching, screamed an ran out the room.. lol

Probably to go get cake!
Hahahaha
scared0018.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BeatNavy:

And I don't want to sound ungrateful, but did anyone bring ice cream? If I had known about the cake, I would have made some ice cream.

This post was edited on 5/11 7:16 PM by OntheHudson87

Hmmmm?

Originally posted by OntheHudson87:

Oh yeah, that will definitely enlighten a locker room !

Originally posted by Boomerang87:

Oh yeah, that will definitely enlighten a locker room !
His flaunting it now! Not caring how it's going to affect the other players his about to be around. Openly showing affection with another man whenever he feels like it, around a bunch of men in this line of work. Won't work!
This post was edited on 5/12 12:07 PM by Bulletproof09

True Love!
confused0024.r191677.gif

And yet it is okay for heterosexual athletes to kiss their wives or girlfriends in public? That's complete bullcrap.

This post was edited on 5/12 4:35 AM by ducrotpepys

Originally posted by ducrotpepys:
And yet it is okay for heterosexual athletes to kiss their wives or girlfriends in public? That's complete bullcrap.

Yep, that pretty much is the case where it''s okay for that to happen! Crazy world right? Men kissing women in public. What's next, women have babies?

Hey ducrotpepys, you are clearly entitled to believe what you believe in and I respect that. But, I hope you provide me with same courtesy when I say that I don't equate wives/girlfriends of men to that of "husbands/boyfriends" of men.

Originally posted by akaTheRifleman:

Hey ducrotpepys, you are clearly entitled to believe what you believe in and I respect that. But, I hope you provide me with same courtesy when I say that I don't equate wives/girlfriends of men to that of "husbands/boyfriends" of men.
NOW THAT WAS REALLY DEEP!
(I'll wait) on my Cat Williams voice.....

That could never happen or even come close, DNA will always be the same. And I don't care how many procedures you get... The day a man and woman relationship becomes "equal" on all levels to a gay relationship. .. that's the day I will leave the USA, and take my chances somewhere else. If I'm alive

This post was edited on 5/12 11:13 AM by Bulletproof09

Message boards are like a boy's club. So you get the immature types, the religious types, the intolerant types and then those who are accepting of his lifestyle choice. It's always interesting to me to see where fellow board members fall on such subjects as this one.

The point is that it would have been equally as non[/B]disgusting for a heterosexual couple to do the same thing as Sam and his boyfriend.

The point is that it would have been equally as non[/B]disgusting for a heterosexual couple to do the same thing as Sam and his boyfriend.
Nope, that's not THE[/B] point, that's YOUR point!

I guess it depends on what you think is acceptable to your life and who you are.

For example ... since I don't know know you Ducrotpepys, but I'm going to assume you are a guy.

If you and I had front row seats at an NFL game and one of the cheerleaders came over to you and kissed you on the lips, I would probably say, "Damnnnnn, you are one lucky guy". However, if there was a male cheerleader and he came over and kissed you on the lips, my reaction would be more like, "Damnnnnnn,
sign0094.r191677.gif
was that all about?" Personally speaking, that latter would be disgusting to me.

Originally posted by TheWestPoint07:
Message boards are like a boy's club. So you get the immature types, the religious types, the intolerant types and then those who are accepting of his lifestyle choice. It's always interesting to me to see where fellow board members fall on such subjects as this one.
What about the "tolerant and accepting" folks who also just simply don't enjoy watching two men kiss? You can't imply that all opposition to that display falls into some bucket of negativity while those who champion the gay PDA are on the side of the angels - that's ridiculous.

I don't know why the self-declared vanguard of tolerance can be so intolerant of a difference of opinion.

I have no problem with gays, gay marriage, gay football players, gay politicians, you name it - I just find gay PDAs to be particularly... unappealing. I don't care what he does with anyone - I just don't want to see it. At the same time, I recognize that those who do in fact take issue with homosexuality, but are willing to support Sam as an equal teammate, are far more tolerant than his cheerleaders who want to co-opt his situation for their own raison d'etre.

Nope.

And so what?

Put "two men kissing" alongside, "two octogenarians kissing," "two morbidly obese people kissing," "two toothless, dirty rednecks kissing," and about a hundred other combinations of people I don't enjoy watching make-out. I don't discriminate in who I do and do not enjoy watching engage in a PDA...

I don't care what he does, that doesn't mean I have to pretend to enjoy it or that it is the same as AJ McCarron kissing his drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend.

Originally posted by DocJayy:

I guess it depends on what you think is acceptable to your life and who you are.

For example ... since I don't know know you Ducrotpepys, but I'm going to assume you are a guy.

If you and I had front row seats at an NFL game and one of the cheerleaders came over to you and kissed you on the lips, I would probably say, "Damnnnnn, you are one lucky guy". However, if there was a male cheerleader and he came over and kissed you on the lips, my reaction would be more like, "Damnnnnnn,
roll.r191677.gif

No it would not have been discussing ducrotpepy, but not very classy either. Its a time and a place for everything. When we all know this is a family event, you have never seen a heterosexual couple (ever) sloppy kiss each other at this event. A little peek real quick, would have been presentable.... This not a event where your sexual preference is such a big deal.... Really who the hell cares, do you if you like booty shots fine. But give the same respect, that you want giving to you when the time presents itself.... Have some class about it...

As a matter of fact why was Don Jone from the Dolphines fined for expressing how he felt on twitter? Here this man had a right to say what he said, just like Sam kissed his boyfriend on national tv. was he fined for that? Or will he be fined once he lets his partner come into the locker room after a game, while the other players are taking showers, cause his a man... No problem!

Docjayy, what does ducrotpepys' sexual orientation have to do with anything? I'm a happily married heterosexual and I have no problem with reasonable PDA by heterosexual or homosexual couples.

BTW, I just wanted to let you know that I assume that your favorite nonalcoholic beverage is Sprite Zero. Nothing wrong with that, and your beverage preference is just as irrelevant to this silly discussion as a poster's sexual orientation.

Docjayy, what does ducrotpepys' sexual orientation have to do with anything? I'm a happily married heterosexual and I have no problem with reasonable PDA by heterosexual or homosexual couples.

BTW, I just wanted to let you know that I assume that your favorite nonalcoholic beverage is Sprite Zero. Nothing wrong with that, and your beverage preference is just as irrelevant to this silly discussion as a poster's sexual orientation.
Because if he were a she, then docjayy's illustration would not fit. At least that's how I see it.

Man I'm tired of this Michael Sam media blitz.

How does a seventh round draft pick get more pub than the first overall pick and the first round pick of his own team who happens to also be the top defensive lineman in the draft?

You want fairness, but it seems too many people forgetting fairness is a two way street. The same thing people want to be treated equally on is the same thing that is giving this man special attention.

You can't have it both ways are we talking about ball or about his sexuality? If it's supposed to be about ball then let's talk about ball and his talents and let's leave who this man spends his nights with out of it because that's none of our business. Sports and sexuality are NOT synonymous!!!

Originally posted by BlackGoldGray:
Man I'm tired of this Michael Sam media blitz.

How does a seventh round draft pick get more pub than the first overall pick and the first round pick of his own team who happens to also be the top defensive lineman in the draft?

You want fairness, but it seems too many people forgetting fairness is a two way street. The same thing people want to be treated equally on is the same thing that is giving this man special attention.

You can't have it both ways are we talking about ball or about his sexuality? If it's supposed to be about ball then let's talk about ball and his talents and let's leave who this man spends his nights with out of it because that's none of our business. Sports and sexuality are NOT synonymous!!!
Don't you see, this is what he planned to happen. It's about the "attention" he wants and getting. In a matter of seconds, his taken away everyone else's moment of achievement. That's all being talked about from the draft. Is his kiss. YUP we played right into his hands! Unbelievable!

Yes, he planned for you to be too dumb to not watch the NFL draft and/or coverage of the NFL draft.

We're talking about it because YOU'RE talking about it, not because he planned for you to talk about it.

Originally posted by BlackGoldGray:
Because of posts like yours.

I don't even know the name of anyone else the Rams drafted because you haven't told me.

Yes, he planned for you to be too dumb to not watch the NFL draft and/or coverage of the NFL draft.

We're talking about it because YOU'RE talking about it, not because he planned for you to talk about it.
Why the need to resort to name calling? Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view?

Why the need to resort to name calling? Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view?
Its ok Onthehudson87, this happens when you have touched a nerve with some people. Name calling is what they do when their feeling are hurt.... so they think their going to hurt you back by calling you out your name... Even tho my comment wasn't directed at him (personally)
tongue.r191677.gif

BTW ducrotpepy, this is a forum where (we) talk about football, so feel free to post a topic of discussion that you feel is worth talking about.... You pay to play
3dgrin.r191677.gif

BN, if I could put my 2cents in this. No it doesn't matter what a persons personal preference is, but if they are coming off as this being a personal attack towards them. Then it would have to make you wonder, (why?). We not going to always agree with what and how another person feels about a certain topic on here. But as adults we have to agree, to disagree respectfully. Im just saying! Everything is not so serious all the time.... these are just (opinions)

I don't care what anyone thinks...I still like cake. Grandma made a chocolate cake with cherries baked inside and powdered sugar instead of frosting. Soooo Good!

I don't care what anyone thinks...I still like cake. Grandma made a chocolate cake with cherries baked inside and powdered sugar instead of frosting. Soooo Good!
I must be missing something or I'm just slow today, but what is the cake reference mean?
confused0024.r191677.gif

Read the whole thread... Cake is delicious. This we know is true. The rest of the thread is garbage.

"No it doesn't matter what a persons personal preference is"

Sure it does. A black homosexual has 1 in 3 chance of having HIV - 1 in 5 for white homosexuals. They also have sky high rates of hepetitis, syphilus (most cases are homosexual men), MRSA, HPV and a bunch of other diseases. As a population they are the most disease prone group going. Its actually immoral to support them in such prodigiously self destructive behavior imo. Sodomy itself is also a degrading act. More primitive cultures use it as way to degrade people and show dominance (the Turks were like that - see "Lawrence of Arabia". Sodomy should be illegal since its a public health menace. Alas common sense is under attack as many things fall apart - including football.

Originally posted by ashokan:

Sure it does. A black homosexual has 1 in 3 chance of having HIV - 1 in 5 for white homosexuals. They also have sky high rates of hepetitis, syphilus (most cases are homosexual men), MRSA, HPV and a bunch of other diseases. As a population they are the most disease prone group going. Its actually immoral to support them in such prodigiously self destructive behavior imo. Sodomy itself is also a degrading act. More primitive cultures use it as way to degrade people and show dominance (the Turks were like that - see "Lawrence of Arabia". Sodomy should be illegal since its a public health menace. Alas common sense is under attack as many things fall apart - including football.
Huh????

Originally posted by ashokan:

Points well taken Ashokan!

I would agree to a certain point, but as we know these issues are plagued by heterosexuals as well... however to keep it on a equal playing field, when concerning factors where we want point a finger, we have to be fair when it presents itself...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT