ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Is it time for Army to change their half time band?

YES!
flush.r191677.gif

Change how?

The USMA Band isn't going away.

The cadet pep band certainly isn't a halftime show kind of band.

Stupid question without providing a specific alternative.

Originally posted by ducrot pepys:
Change how?

It is clear that the USMA isn't going away and they are boring as well, hence it is obvious why the question is being put out there.

The cadet pep band is not even part of the equation because they don't perform at half-time, so what more information do you need?

Originally posted by NJFAN:

Change how?

It is clear that the USMA isn't going away and they are boring as well, hence it is obvious why the question is being put out there.

The cadet pep band is not even part of the equation because they don't perform at half-time, so what more information do you need?
I agree. The USMA Band add absolutely nothing to our home games, half time or anytime if you ask me.

Originally posted by NJFAN:

Change how?

Correct Njfan! And please please remove the characters racing. That's so embarrassing to have at a D1 football game. And please play some football party music, liven the game experience please, it's dry.

Music

Excellent recommendation bulletproof09!! I completely agree, a little bit of music would definitely liven the place up. In my opinion, this should be a No-brainer. There would be very little, if any, cost to implement this. It would also add some much needed energy for everyone. Please please please... Anyone with good connections, please pass on this information.

Home Field Advantage!!

I think that the USMA has put on some good halftime shows over the years. I have really liked their Halloween performances. I agree that we should mix it up a bit. I rmember when I was a Cadet, we had the Hawthorne Cabelleros perform at halftime at least once a year. I wonder if they still do halftimes?

Link : http://www.hawthornecaballeros.org/

I'm glad someone started this topic because I find our halftime show as a perfect opportunity for a bathroom break. Although I don't care for it how about switching the helicopter jump from before the game to halftime? That would easily take up the allotted time needed and would keep fans entertained.

"And please please remove the characters racing. That's so embarrassing to have at a D1 football game"

I used to be down on that stuff but then I saw how much the little kids like it - and there are more little kids at Army games than any other stadium I've been too.

As for bands - do what Rutgers used to do under Schiano and get Howard and Morgan St.on schedule. They are usually easy to beat and their bands (and Ooh La La) are crowd favs. They play away games. Kill two birds with one stone.

This post was edited on 4/19 10:41 PM by ashokan

Originally posted by ashokan:
"And please please remove the characters racing. That's so embarrassing to have at a D1 football game"

I used to be down on that stuff but then I saw how much the little kids like it - and there are more little kids at Army games than any other stadium I've been too.

As for bands - do what Rutgers used to do under Schiano and get Howard and Morgan St.on schedule. They are usually easy to beat and their bands (and Ooh La La) are crowd favs. They play away games. Kill two birds with one stone.

This post was edited on 4/19 10:41 PM by ashokan
Well put it at the end, right before they have the little League teams at the end of the game. Believe me I get what your saying cause I bring small children with me too. But they also go to other college games too, and get an excited being there watching the game with us. D1 football games is about (college) experience, not about entertaining the babies. Why can't it be kept in context, as to why we're there. If the kids are that big of a deal, why you allow alcohol on the grounds doing that time. I'm just saying. .... Come on now, it's an adult sport. We just want the same experience all the other schools get...

IMO, if the team is entertaining (i.e., winning) then the halftime show doesn't matter. Overall, the game day experience is fine. It's the game time experience that needs to improve. Halftime is only 12 minutes, go to the bathroom or grab a drink.

As for characters racing, it's been done at the NFL & NBA games I've attended lately so I dunno how it would be considered beneath a D1 collegiate event.

"Well put it at the end, right before they have the little League teams at the end of the game. Believe me I get what your
saying cause I bring small children with me too. But they also go to other college games too, and get an excited being there watching the game with us. D1 football games is about (college) experience, not about entertaining the babies. Why can't it be kept in context, as to why we're there. If the kids are that big of a deal, why you allow alcohol on the grounds doing that time. I'm just saying. .... Come on now, it's an adult sport. We just want the same experience all the other schools
get..."

Well other schools don't break their students up into companies with their own mascots running looking like hogs, Spartans, guppies etc. I almost had my knee blown out by cadets in togas fighting over mascot stuff. I thought I would be out for the season lol. As for alcohol - I've been to a dozen Rutgers games and USMA has a long way to go to match them or other D1 games for any binge scene. The only thing I really like at big games are flyovers - with jets. I saw a helicopter and tanker flyover and its not the same. Bands aren't my thing although I would probaly like to see Script Ohio or something like that. The jumpers are ok. There was a lot of jumping near the game yesterday for some reason (it was very windy )

This post was edited on 4/20 10:25 AM by ashokan

Mascot Madness

"Well put it at the end, right before they have the little League teams at the end of the game. Believe me I get what your
saying cause I bring small children with me too. But they also go to other college games too, and get an excited being there watching the game with us. D1 football games is about (college) experience, not about entertaining the babies. Why can't it be kept in context, as to why we're there. If the kids are that big of a deal, why you allow alcohol on the grounds doing that time. I'm just saying. .... Come on now, it's an adult sport. We just want the same experience all the other schools
get..."

Well other schools don't break their students up into companies with their own mascots running looking like hogs, Spartans, guppies etc. I almost had my knee blown out by cadets in togas fighting over mascot stuff. I thought I would be out for the season lol. As for alcohol - I've been to a dozen Rutgers games and USMA has a long way to go to match them or other D1 games for any binge scene. The only thing I really like at big games are flyovers - with jets. I saw a helicopter and tanker flyover and its not the same. Bands aren't my thing although I would probaly like to see Script Ohio or something like that. The jumpers are ok. There was a lot of jumping near the game yesterday for some reason (it was very windy )

This post was edited on 4/20 10:25 AM by ashokan
hahahahahaha ashokan, no not your knees buddy... Yea I can admit we do know how to hold our alcohol a lot better.... I wonder if with the place swimming with military staff have anything to do with it, shooooot
roll.r191677.gif
Aleclee, I agreed about winning! But with a little help getting in the mood wouldn't hurt...
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/21 4:08 PM by Bulletproof09

"I wonder if with the place swimming with military staff have anything to do with it, shooooot"

I've always gone to the upper lots for tailgates. I've never seen an MP in those lots. Its funny because I see visiting people so nervous it like they expect helicopters to come up over the trees if they open a beer.

The night games on ESPN could get a bit edgy when young local kids showed up. I don't miss the night games at all, and would be glad never to see another one.

"I wonder if with the place swimming with military staff have anything to do with it, shooooot"

I've always gone to the upper lots for tailgates. I've never seen an MP in those lots. Its funny because I see visiting people so nervous it like they expect helicopters to come up over the trees if they open a beer.
Right!!! And if I was a drinker, that would blow my high everytime!
scared0011.r191677.gif
Hahahahaha it's one thing to have the "Police" around when your trying to enjoy yourself at a football game.
But to have the dam military searching you and monitoring your every move at a football is insane! !! Hahaha hahaha I remember when I first came to a home game, I was scared to death seeing all the military staff and all the guns they had on them.. The first thing that came to my mind was what the hell is going on, is it safe coming to the game? Who in the hell are they looking for "terrorist"???? It's just a football game right??? My kids was holding on to me like we was walking into something and not coming back out... it was totally a first time different experience. ... it should be some kind of warning signs preparing us!!! Hahahaha
scared0010.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/22 1:48 PM by Bulletproof09

Its the game time experience that needs work. our 2nd half stats under Ellerson almost defy logic. there is almost no energy when the team comes out for the second half . something to create some energy would help. maybe setting off a concussion grenade in Lusk Reservoir.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT