Sept. 19 WAKE FOREST
Sept. 26 at Eastern Michigan
Oct. 3 at Penn State
Oct. 10 DUKE
Oct. 17 BUCKNELL
Oct. 24 at Rice
Nov. 7 at Air Force
Nov. 14 TULANE
Nov. 21 vs. Rutgers (at Yankee Stadium, Bronx, N.Y.)
Dec. 12 vs. Navy (Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pa.)

My view here from the cheap seats. If Monken (or Army football in general) is every going to wing 6-7 games consistently, it needs to start sooner or later. Here is how I view this schedule

Gotta win against these teams: Fordham, Uconn, Eastern MIchigan, Bucknell, Tulane.

Toss ups: Rice, Air Force, Navy, Wake Forest. Can we win 1 of these 4? If so, thats make Army bowl Eligible.

Not gonna win against these teams: Penn State. Rutgers. Duke.

I see 2015 as a very realistic, winnable type of schedule IF (and this is the big IF) Army is going to be a middle of the road kind of team. If we are going to stink up the joint, well then we could play the little sisters of the poor or LSU and its really not going to matter much

I believe that only one FCS win can count for bowl eligibility so we would need 2 wins on those toss up games.

This coaching staff was handed a bowl game on a silver platter and still found a way to mess it up...I would not consider any schedule a strong chance at a bowl game. Already had the easiest schedule in a long time and managed 4 wins. You get Yale and Fordham, and I don't care how good they are for FCS, those are still must win games. Ball State is a bad team, Kent State is terrible (were winless before the Army game), Buffalo is as bad as it gets, Wake Forest is the worst team in the ACC and it was their worst team in years, Stanford had a bad year (in their eyes), Navy wasn't even bowl eligible until THanksgiving and UConn shouldn't even be a FBS team.

NO excuse not to win with that schedule and it didn't happen. This is the worst team Navy has fielded in 10 years, so we will see if that makes a difference. The season is a complete bust...and for everyone who thinks we are lacking players, just wait until next year when Army loses Dixon, Baggett, Santiago, Shumaker, Bacon, Glover, and a bunch of other senior starters. This was the year to win

Dixon and Baggett will be losses for sure, but Santiago was never the QB we must have, just the best available QB, and we won't win consistently without getting a better QB....look at the one year difference at AF (5 QBs last year, and one good one this year). Offensive line was a big issue this year, 9 weeks in a row starting a different offensive line (only our center started all games this year).....I think Navy has started the same offensive line 2 years in a row. There were a lot of changes to make this year, starting with attitude, coaches, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if some coaching changes get made with a couple of assistants before next year. I agree we should have won at least 2 more games (Yale, WF, Kent State) and that is frustrating but I believe we are better off w/o the Ellerson crew and the Academy seems finally ready to make some changes in support. I am ready to wait a year or two to judge our progress.

Lots has to happen to post 7 wins next year. QB depth looks non-existent at this time and our presumed starter has not shown the ability to stay healthy. Our defense is losing most of its girth. The depth we have today does not appear to be pushing for playing time on this current challenged defense. This begs the question, "Where are the solutions going to come from ?"

We will be younger than we have been in 3 years. Recruiting and what is coming in from Prep will drive the storyline. This is not a 2 year fix. Talent level has to improve and there remains questions as to what type of coaching staff have we assembled. Can we make adjustments to win games for example. Indications on that question are just that.... questions.

Navy has had an infinitely more dificult schedule than us this year. That is a good football team. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure we will again witness that in 12 days. Expect us to go in as 14-17 pt. underdogs. Nonetheless, I will be a witness and expecting the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT