ADVERTISEMENT

GBK: The Army Passing Game (Free/Non-Premium)

Charles Grevious

Dec 23, 2009
Every year around this time, Army fans start speculating about changes in the passing game for the upcoming season. In this article, GBK takes a closer look at the passing game and the expectations of the coaching staff for the coming season.

10313061_811036955657880_7381386528313688012_n.jpg
QB, AJ Schurr

CLICK HERE

Great insight article by Larson.

I really feel that if AJ is physically able to go at it by game one, our offense will be 10 times better than last year and the use of our WR will be glaringly better than we have seen in the past 10 years.

10x better than last year is a bold statement considering we've lost our starting QB and backfield. AJ makes me nervous under pressure as he is both turnover and injury prone. We will almost certainly see Kaufman or Bradshaw start a game or two this year. I do hope that the offensive line will be better though, as the article mentions, and that whomever is playing QB gets more time than Angel had back there.

Originally posted by NotSoOldGrad:
10x better than last year is a bold statement considering we've lost our starting QB and backfield. AJ makes me nervous under pressure as he is both turnover and injury prone. We will almost certainly see Kaufman or Bradshaw start a game or two this year. I do hope that the offensive line will be better though, as the article mentions, and that whomever is playing QB gets more time than Angel had back there.
I truly think our line will be the hub of our offense. But let's keep it real here. Even if he had the time, Santiago was as incompetent of a passer as Steelman was. Two really good athletes, who unfortunately couldn't pass the ball.

"The nature of our offense lends itself to having opportunities to hit
big plays with down the field throws, and we didn't execute that well
enough last year in different areas,"

Steelman was good at those sort of passes. They weren't on fire when they arrived but they hit the spot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT