ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting GBK Recruiting Commentary: It Is Not Always About The Stars/Rankings For Army Football

True it is not always about the rating coming out of high school, but Army has the luxery of getting around 100 commits a year who are then split direct entry and prep school. After the attrition at the prep school each year , approx 75 players enter the plebe class . FBS Schools , other than Army, Navy and AF, can bring in only about 25/yr ( plus or minus ) scholarship players a year as they are constrained to having only 85 guys in the four classes on scholarship. Colleges can also bring in others as preferred commits who hope to get put on scholarship at some point. In any event with 75 players entering USMA each year ( and more than 60% of them already in the system for a year at Prep School) Army is obviously looking for a few diamonds in the rough and works hard to develop them over a two or three period into players who can match up at the FBS level -- at least at the mid level. Of course Army players, as opposed to colleges, are guaranteed to keep their "scholarship" even if they don't play football at some point after entry and that is the case with about 2/3 of them who are cut or quit. Plus Army players get a great education, draw a nice stipend over the 47 months and are guaranteed a job leading soldiers for a few years at graduation . What a deal! BEAT NAVY !!!!!!!! sign me up!

I am not really what you logic is here. But one point you made was the number of commits that we have per year, which I am not sure what that has to do with the fact that we still aren't getting 4-5 star players and rarely 3 stars, but the development of players is on part with most any program in America. Hence, and since the ban was lifted, we have 4 players on NFL rosters and probably a good 4-5 potential NFL players on our current roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT