ADVERTISEMENT

Any insight on getting tickets for Army-Navy game at face value?

Aug 31, 2003
I'm an lifelong Penn State fan, but I served in the Army for a few years in the late 80's (enlisted) and my father retired from the Army as a LTC (not a West Point grad). My father is no longer alive, but I would really like to attend an Army-Navy game (with my wife) in his honor. I'm not trying to suggest that my service or the service of my father has somehow earned me the right to see an Army-Navy game in person, I'm just pointing out why I am motivated to attend. I've looked on stub-hub and the tickets are $240 each for the cheapest ticket. While this may be the going price for tickets, I have never paid even one third of that for a single sporting event.

As a Penn State fan, I know that there are season ticket holders that choose to sell tickets for face value either before the game or on the day of the game, as opposed to selling on an online ticket outlet or a local "scalper". The Army-Navy game is not a typical football game, however, and I'm not sure whether there is any chance of people selling tickets at face value on the day of the game.

I'd appreciate your input on whether I can expect to find any face value tickets at the stadium on the day of the game, or if there is any other way to find face value tickets.

Thanks in advance...

Go Army, Beat Navy!

Tickets for Army Navy sell out early, and are gobbled up by Army and Navy fans without becoming available to the general public. In fact, they are generally available only to season ticket holders, and donors to AWPAA. Other grads often have a hard time getting tickets for the game.

However, there are always people who purchase tickets and then find that they can't use them. For us grads, the best way to find tickets is through classmates who offer or ask for tickets via class forums on the internet, and they are always face value. Clearly that's not an option for you.

I have gone to games with my own ticket and then run into a classmate who had an extra ticket because his wife decided to stay in the hotel and watch on TV rather than go out in the cold. I sold my extra ticket at face value to a scalper, but have no idea what he was asking for any tickets he might have.

There's always a strong demand for tickets no matter how bad the two teams are, and this year, but Army and Navy have winning records; so the demand is probably higher. Even the face value of tickets is higher than for most games; so you won't find any cheap tickets, regardless. Good Luck!

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I am not sure sure why GL didn't also mentioned trying to utilize the Ticket Exchange Message Board on the GoBlackKnights.com site right here.

Anyway check it and you might have some luck

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT