ADVERTISEMENT

Army/Navy Question

Aug 30, 2023
I'm looking to bring a family member to the Army/Navy game in Foxboro this December. Ticket prices are obviously crazy right now, but I was hoping for some insight from this board. Do ticket prices on the secondary market usually go down as we get closer to the game or is this game so unique that they stay steady or become even more scarce as the game approaches?

Difficult question.

I'd guess that it's like many high demand events:

Early: expensive, due to desire to lock things in for both sellers and buyers.

Middle: somewhat cheaper, sellers starting to worry about their profit, buyers more "let's see what I can get"

Late: most expensive, driven by buyers at the "I promised someone we'd go" stage or even at the "I already sold this to someone" stage

Very late: their may be bargains, but wow, congrats.

For buyers, the hard part is trying go get in at that middle stage.

What are you willing to pay?

(Just kidding, my maybe extra tickets are not yet for sale. Still figuring out family + friends plans.)

Edit to add that the usual cycle is also messed up more than usual by school ties. If a classmate I barely know is looking for tickets, they'll get priority from me. They're still not getting face value, of course, basic economics)

Difficult question.

Middle: somewhat cheaper, sellers starting to worry about their profit, buyers more "let's see what I can get"

Late: most expensive, driven by buyers at the "I promised someone we'd go" stage or even at the "I already sold this to someone" stage

(Just kidding, my maybe extra tickets are not yet for sale. Still figuring out family + friends plans.)

Edit to add that the usual cycle is also messed up more than usual by school ties. If a classmate I barely know is looking for tickets, they'll get priority from me. They're still not getting face value, of course, basic economics)
This matches my own experience for buying and selling game tickets.

Difficult question.

Thanks for the insight. I've been following closely and the secondary market seems to be pretty steady recently.

If you do end up having a pair of tickets to sell, I'd certainly be interested in talking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT