ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA MVPs

Gordon Larson

Commandant
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2016
St James, North Carolina
Charles has added a new piece to my weekly Monday Morning QB articles, where we at GBK pick our Offensive and Defensive MVPs for each game.

I missed my opportunity to add my selection to those of Charles and A.M. Allan; so I thought I'd share my thoughts in this thread and solicit opinions from our readers (my thoughts have sense been added to our MMQB article).

I try to avoid making the obvious choice of picking the player with the most yards on offense or the most tackles on defense, and go for players who made key contributions at significant points in the game.

I agree with A.M. Allan on his choice of Kell Walker as the Offensive MVP. While Jabari had a great debut at quarterback, I thought it was the running and blocking of Walker that made the difference at key points in the game.

Picking an MVP on defense is always a tough choice for me because I am a big proponent of team defense rather than individual performances. That being said, by choice for this week's game is Jacob Covington, who seemed to be in the mix on most every play. His fumble recovery and 15 yard pickup broke the spirit of the UTSA fans and shifted the momentum back to Army at a key point in the game.

That being said, I can't disagree with Allan's choice of Bonsu, who also played a heads up game, or the defensive captains Christiansen and Riley, who set the tone for the defense in every game.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: jiacono
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News