ADVERTISEMENT

Some Optimistic Thoughts

pregirlsgrad

Recruit
Sep 5, 2012
The last two years we won only 2 and 3 games - The season is now only half finished and we have already won 2 games - We will bounce back with a good win on the road next week against a weak Kent State team and we will have 3 wins with 5 games left to play - The loss to Rice was painful but you can see and sense the Army team's enthusiasm and desire and they certainly did not give up in the 4th quarter - I believe our team will continue to improve each week with our new coaching staff - I believe we should be able to beat Connecticut for our 4th win - Fordham may well be harder to beat than UCONN or Kent State, but since we dropped the close one to Yale I think we will get the other 1AA win and beat Fordham which will be our 5th win - The remaining three will be very tough contests - WKU, Air Force, and Navy - but - if we can get lucky - we might be able to upset either Western Kentucky or Air Force - Both teams are better than us right now - But we might close the gap before we get to those two and a win in one of them gets us to the 6 win point before the Navy game - We seem to play better against Air Force and beat them two years ago so Air Force is probably our best hope of those two - But a win against either one would get us to six wins with Navy still to play so there is definitely reason to stay positive and hopeful for a successful transition season - GO ARMY - Beat Kent State!!! :)

I pray your right
innocent0001.r191677.gif

Always room for optimism.

I see all the remaining games as winnable, and I thought at the beginning of the season that Rice would be one of our toughest games, certainly tougher than Ball State, but I also thought we'd beat WF and Yale.

On a neutral site, we're a better team than Kent State, but we have to rid ourselves of the away game hex. Personally, I consider the La Tech game last season as an away game, but others don't because it was at a neutral site. Kent State doesn't get a ton of people to their home games; so if we could convince all the grads within driving distance to go to the game, we could probably outnumber them.

Hee's my take on the rest of the games:
AFA is definitely better than last year, but not unbeatable at Michie. They outscored Boise State in a huge upset, but they got 7 or their 10 turnovers for the year in that game. Against Utah State the turnover battle went the other way and they lost by a significant margin. The Navy game was interesting, but I'm not sure what we learned from it, other than that AFA likes to pass the ball more. Navy outran them on the ground but lost the air game. I think the game will go down to which team makes the fewest mistakes.

I watched most of the UConn game against Tulane, and their offense looked pretty anemic. That could change, of course, but I think we can hold them down enough for our offense to win the game. We've done reasonably well at Yankee Stadium against some pretty good teams in recent years. I see it as very winnable.

WKU has one of the best offenses and worst defenses in the country; so it's likely to be a high scoring affair if you like those sort of games. A couple of their games have gone to the team who had the ball last. They are a pass dominant team; so our DBs have to sharpen their coverage skills for that one. One interesting observation is that Navy was their lowest scoring game on both sides and Navy's defense is not as strong this year as it has been in recent years. It would be an upset.

Fordham is a vary good FCS team, but we may have their number. They have scored some lopsided victories over poor FCS teams but also lost big time to Villanova. The only game that have against a normal FCS team was Holy Cross (3-3) which they won 45-18 at home. I think we'll be able to score on them well enough; so the outcome will depend on holding down their offense, which is a good one.

I make it point not to predict the outcome of a Navy game; so I won't here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT