ADVERTISEMENT

The Inside Stuff Great GBK/Rivals News!

Charles Grevious

Dec 23, 2009
The Rivals app has launched.

For Android users, it could be available in the Google Play Store as soon as this afternoon. When I get a link, I will share it. The approval process from Apple takes a bit longer than Google, so iOs users are likely to have to wait just a bit longer than those with a Droid.

This will be a free app. When you sign in with your Rivals account info, I believe it will automatically take you to your "home site," in this case GoBlackKnights.com (it worked for me).

However, there is certainly also a search tool and a selection menu where you can choose the site you wish to view. So you can read the board here, but also see stories on any of the other Rivals sites you want to. In addition, the app will allow the PM staff to send push notifications (I'm sure as with any app you can opt not to receive them). This will replace the antiquated, virtually non-functional text message service that many had problems getting anyway. We certainly won't use it for every story, but if we have big stories, breaking news, commitments, etc, we have the ability now to send a push notification through your Rivals app with something along the lines of "Breaking News: Army just picked up a commitment from an in-state offensive lineman. Click here to see the story..."

There will be some bugs, I'm sure it won't work perfectly on day one and I'm sure some will dislike some things about it, but I personally am very happy that Rivals has an app.

Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.rivals.android

App Store Link: TBD

This is like a Christmas gift for me - Like BD just stated on the 12th Knight message board, I’m in!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT