ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting GBK Recruiting Update: Brief De-Commit Commentary

A.M. Allan

General of the Army
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2006
Before the speculations continues on the ‘2018 Recruiting Tidbits’ thread, and because we have the luxury of knowing most if not all of the elements (in some cases) that surround the prospects who has committed to Army West Point, but then has opted to de-commit --- these stories aren’t a simple black and white commentary.

Each has their own rationale, albeit IMO, some are unique. But the recruits, and at times the family have decided that Army West Point is not the best fit and I think we all get that.

However, I will say this and I am not applying this to any particular players, although I could. We are seeing a slight spike in the “entitlement” attitude amongst some prospects (committed/uncommitted/de-committed). Now we aren’t surprised, because as the caliber of recruits increases (remember how many 3-star prospects had already pledged to Army just by October?), well with that comes those recruits who have several offers/options and some of those players will act/react “spoiled” if they don’t get the “attention” they feel that is owed them.

Others have falsely shared information (e.g., offers, etc.) with us, but because the Rivals network is so very tight, 9/10 times we are confirming that information before we bring it to you. One player in a particular we no longer communicate with as per Charles’ instructions, because of his falsehoods and he is an attention getter (I just made that phrase up .... lol).

Clearly, I can on and on with this, but I think you get the picture here. Recruiting on both sides is not an exact science and never will be because of the human element involved. But as it stands now, this is a very solid 2018 recruiting class and there are a few more players who are still on the HOT RADAR/TARGET LIST, so there’s still a little more to go.

P.S. There is a chance that Elliott McElwain will take an official visit to Army West Point. We will keep you posted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News