ADVERTISEMENT

GBK: Official Army-Navy Game Day Thread

A.M. Allan

General of the Army
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2006
As previously mentioned, we will not have our weekly LIVE Blog/Chat up for this game.

So we welcome everyone to join in here on this thread, as the Army Black Knights & Navy Midshipmen face off against one another at M&T Bank Stadium in the Baltimore (MD.).

Although the kick off is at 3:00pm EST, you can feel free to jump at anytime before to get the flow going.

Please note that there is a similar thread on The 12th Knight Message Board.

Best game I've seen Army play in awhile despite no TDs on offense. The fumble was crummy but there was only one and one is allowed with that offense. Can't blame the loss on Navy timeout when offense can't core. Navy could cry about the great kick block and score. The defense was impressive and that was good to see..

Originally posted by ashokan:

Best game I've seen Army play in awhile despite no TDs on offense. The fumble was crummy but there was only one and one is allowed with that offense. Can't blame the loss on Navy timeout when offense can't core. Navy could cry about the great kick block and score. The defense was impressive and that was good to see..
What game did you see? Your kidding right? The O kicked a field goal (hello) if it wasn't for the D, we wouldn't of scored what we had. We had (3) 1000yrd rushers playing for us and you couldn't figure this out!!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PLAY CALLING!!!!! I don't know what the hell was going on when they came back from half time....

This post was edited on 12/14 12:25 AM by Bulletproof09

Originally posted by ashokan:

Horrible offensive performance and we just don't have a real time QB. Not sure what best game means to you, but this wasn't it.

Yes, the defense played well and a lot of that had to do with Bacon in the game. But beyond that, we didn't make it happen and it is still a "L" versus a "W". So, enjoy your moral victory.

"Horrible offensive performance and we just don't have a real time QB. Not sure what best game means to you, but this wasn't it."

I'm not sure what team you folks been watching this year. Team lost to Yale and barely escaped Fordham a few weeks ago. Blocking, tackling etc have often been awful - even "atrocious" according to Monken. Grochowski only makes 33% of his FGs on the road. Navy was a MUCH better team despite their record (including loses to teams like Ohio St and ND). They beat a 9-3 Georgia Southern team 52-19 a few weeks ago. You think Army would beat Georgia Southern? Not the team I watched this season.

Any reasonable football fan could have expected Navy to blow Army's doors off today. Its a miracle that with Navy and Reynolds holding the ball for 33 minutes that they only had 282 total yards and 17 points. The only time this year Navy scored less than 21 points was vs Ohio St. Only Army and Ohio St kept Navy to 17 points. Notre Dame gave Navy 39 points. Its a good thing Bacon came back.

Of course Army is weak at QB. Passing and catching have been bad a long time. Who would have expected better vs Navy? Rushing wasn't much better. I can't blame the plays because Navy just knows how to stop the option. All the pitches were feeble against Navy. Doing more of them wasn't going to lead to much. Army has to learn to pass better because thats were game was different. Navy was 6 of 8 for 77 yards and a TD. Army was 2 for 7 for 33 yards. Army just doesn't have the ability to go up and down the field on Navy with weak passing.

What I liked was that the team played harder for a whole game than I've seen in awhile. There were no football folly type plays where punt snaps hit blockers. They only gave up 10 points in second half and thats not typical of Army vs a good team. To me its easier for Army to fix its offense than to fix its defense. Army defense played a nice game. TV ratings must be good because game was a contest down to last seconds. That's better than alst years 34-7 - a score that could easily have been anticpiated again this year.
This post was edited on 12/14 1:46 AM by ashokan

100% agree. Folks need to appreciate just how bad Army football has been (check NCAA stats). One of the bottom 25 FBS teams for quite a while with an institutionalize culture of losing. No quick fixes here. We played Navy tough - no morale victories but something to build on. Navy is a better team right now - plain and simple.

Some players read this stuff and you people that insult the players are stupid and should be ashamed of yourself. Do you know some players have had serious injury and continued to play with it because it was for the team. If you don't know who that is because you don't know what you are talking about. A coach would never disclosed any of this because it would hurt the team and you so called smart mouth fans should take the playing with the attitude that every player on that team and on the field is killing himself trying to make every play whether he is a guard, center,DB, tackle, receiver, QB or kicker. Be proud of your team and the 110% EFFORT they play with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT