ADVERTISEMENT

The Inside Stuff GBK NEWS: Army Defensive Coordinator Jay Bateman to be suspended

Cadets are held to the Honor Code and they embrace it. Though the coach isn't held to the same standard, he should also live by it and be committed to the same values. The players he coaches might now perceive his character in a different light.

Cadets are held to the Honor Code and they embrace it. Though the coach isn't held to the same standard, he should also live by it and be committed to the same values. The players he coaches might now perceive his character in a different light.

That is why we have checks and balances. Honor doesn’t remove folks from making stupid mistakes, which is why they go before an honor board. Well, in this case, Bateman’s case was reviewed by the West Point administration, and I am sure that head coach Monken had some say in the process and they deemed that he was worthy of coming back as DC.

From what I know of Bateman and his reputation with his players and I am sure he has or will speak to the entire team, but he is well liked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT