ADVERTISEMENT

FYI to Army fans this weekend...

Dec 16, 2005
I just wanted to let you know that there is something brewing regarding the coin toss at PSU. It's an internal Penn State thing. The PSU Administration and Board of Trustees have tapped a State College resident and West Point Grad (Bruce Heim) to accompany the Army Captains or otherwise participate in the coin toss on Saturday. PSU fans will be booing the coin toss. We are not booing the Cadets but rather Mr Heim's participation.

Mr Heim is a controversial figure in that he was involved in the Jerry Sandusky scandal as a State College/PSU Insider and board member of Sandusky's Second Mile Charity. The circumstances of Mr Heim's involvement have never been fully answered as with all of the other PSU trustees. To date, all efforts by alums to force transparency at the state level and on the PSU Board have been blocked.

If you hear booing or jeering it's not poor sportsmanship it's an internal dispute by PSU fans and alums who are trying to fight for reform of university governance and transparency from the Sandusky scandal.

Just an FYI

For more info:
http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/thread...tball-game-e-mails-sent-to.45116/#post-604004

Not PSU Blog:
Probably the best source for analysis and information to the on going saga at PSU.
http://notpsu.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing and I’m looking forward to being at Saturday’s game. Never been to Happy Valley and I hope I leave happy as well.

Thanks again for the heads up and the best to you guys for the balance of the season.

Thank you for sharing and I’m looking forward to being at Saturday’s game. Never been to Happy Valley and I hope I leave happy as well.

Thanks again for the heads up and the best to you guys for the balance of the season.

Hope you have a great trip this weekend (other than the game result ;)). Bring your rain gear and get into the game early- it takes a while often to get 100k through the gates (especially at noon games when everyone gets there around the same time). If you're in the tailgating lots- don't be afraid to say hello and strike up conversations with people. You'll likely be given all the food and drinks you want and make some new friends. Any questions- don't hesitate to ask or drop by our board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT