Forgive My A$$!

Armyranger26

Commandant
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2011
305197999_531587115679959_5962073634778426521_n.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: colhenny
I understand your argument and your sentiment and indeed appreciate your passion. I do not like your last two words, which I believe do not help you with your argument. I am annoyed and remain more annoyed now that somebody has tole me to shut up.

Prior to 2010, the Big Banks funded the Federal Student Loan Program. When the Big Banks discovered they were funding many college degrees that did not lead to cash-paying jobs, they backed away and U.S. Department of Education took over the lending. That made you, the U.S. taxpayer, the lender of last resort.
When the Ivy League and other traditional colleges saw that even people who were academically unprepared for college could obtain thousands of dollars in student loans, they raised college tuition to staggering levels. Greedy administrators lowered admission standards to admit students who barely passed high school academics. College officials and professors granted each other enormous salaries.
Dozens of private, for-profit, colleges sprang up (some of them frauds). They hired sub-prime professors to teach sub-prime students some sub-prime subjects for which the job world had no use. There were even private, for-profit, law schools, producing sub-prime lawyers who could rarely if ever, pass their state bar exams.
Mind you, most of the students victimized by the FSLP were not bad people. They were just folks who let themselves be conned into studying the History of Abstract Art 101 when they should have been learning to weld, wire, plumb, write computer code, and be of real value to Humankind.
Thousands of sub-prime graduates found themselves with no marketable knowledge and deeply in debt. Some worked honorably for years to pay back their loan. Some defaulted and went into hiding. But others joined the Deep State. Yes, any student loan debtors who would agree to serve ten years in the federal government or for some non-profit charity got 90 percent of their student loan debt forgiven. Bam! Gone! Just how many FSLP debtors joined the Deep State is unknown. But reason suggests that many did so.
Now, in a blatantly transparent mid-term election-year ploy, the Biden Regime says it wants all FSLP loans forgiven but is starting with $10,000. But wait. Won't the Big Banks that made the pre-2010 loans demand payment? And who is going to repay the money loaned by the U.S. Department of Education? Answer: You, the taxpayer, to include millions of taxpayers who never got a chance to go to college because they came from poor families and had to put bread on the family table. Does paying off the debts of the college "elites" seem fair to the non-college men and women who do the day-to-day work of America
?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT