ADVERTISEMENT

For fun - Proposed Rule Changes

Chris2321

First Captain
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2009
SOME PRO AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL RULE CHANGES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE

These are not really critical but I would change them if I were “King”

• In Pro football, QBs, Field Goal kickers, punters, kick-off kickers all get their own footballs prepared by them (within some parameters and checked by the game officials). I propose that the officials bring all the footballs to the game all of which are to a certain standard specification. No special balls for different plays, kickers or QBs. Only standard footballs. I do not know the college rule.
  • After a very successful play I would prohibit 8-10 players running toward the end-zone to celebrate before an end zone camera. Have a good spontaneous celebration – high fives, hugging, congratulations etc but not a staged celebration in the end zone.
  • Often a defensive player who gets a sack or makes another significant play, runs to an open place on the field and goes thru some kind of strange dance for the cameras – everyone look at me! 15 yard penalty.
  • QBs are overprotected. New rule- if a QB has the ball in their possession at any place on the field, a defensive player can hit them as if they were a running back. Of course, no headshots, going for the knees, or horse-collar tackles, but they can be hit hard and driven to the ground. Same tackling rules as a running back.
  • I would limit the Instant Replays to two per coach per game and no Replays initiated by officials. From the Red flag being thrown by a coach, there is a 3 minute time limit measured by a time clock on the final decision by the head official. If the 3 minutes expire without a decision, the ruling on the field stands.
  • Eliminate the “2-minute warning”. The scoreboard is official and there for all to see. This – I think – is a leftover from the days when the scoreboard was not official.
  • For colleges, I believe the Transfer Portal has gotten out of hand. I would limit a team to about 4- 5 new players per year entering thru the Portal.
  • Also, for colleges. A player can play no more than 5 years from their college entrance date – REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES.
  • Who supports which rule changes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News