ADVERTISEMENT

Football Wish List

whatapain

Cow
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hopefully this will spark a little conversation as we are in the doldrums of sports right now (at least until March Madness begins).

What is on your wish list for the 2022 season? Defensive scheme changes? Offensive changes? Play concepts?

Don't just toss out "throw the ball more" type generalizations. I'm looking for in depth thoughts on what you'd hope to see.

I'll start us out here: Trips formations and combo passing concepts. I coached the flexbone offense (granted at the high school level), but we lived in trips. We'd even go heavy (tackle over) to the trips side and away from the trips side to see what kind of numbers we'd get to run the ball. We also had built in checks for different concepts when the defense gave us certain looks. It was basically RPO before it was trendy. However, we didn't have the run read as it works now. If the defense lined up like "this", then we might run mid-triple. But, if the defense lined up like "that", then we'd run a combo passing route to attack that third of the field.

I really wish that we'd see trips utilized in both run and pass concepts. Army doesn't have to sling it around like Western Kentucky but a little variation to the offense formations would be nice along with some simple combo passing concepts to stress the secondary and LB's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.