ADVERTISEMENT

Confused

jiacono

General of the Army
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2015
I am very confused about the pessimistic attitudes (in my perception) from some of our fan base here on the 12th Knight about the upcoming season.
Yes, we are losing some key pieces on both sides of the ball. But if anyone should be aware of what JM has been building the last 4 years and the improvement in recruiting it should be the folks here who get all the recruiting updates. Remember how pumped everyone was when we locked down commitments from some of the underclassmen who will certainly make their presence felt in 2018, 2019, and 2020?
Monken is building a PROGRAM, not just a one hit wonder. As great as Bradshaw and last year's seniors were for us, I believe they were just the tip of the iceberg for what we are in store for the next couple years. For the first time in a long time, the cupboard is pretty well stocked with the most talent we have seen at Army in forever.
Am I missing something or do some of y'all just not get that this isn't your Daddy's Army football program? Monken is building a consistent winner.
I am not saying 10 wins in 2018 is a sure thing, but I wouldn't rule it out by any stretch. I won't take time to do a 22-man comparison, but I think by and large, the 2018 version of the Black Knights will be an upgrade over the 2017 version. Other than the possibility of missing out on Bradshaw's intangible mental toughness and his phenomenal decision making in the option, and replacing Toth, Aukerman, and Voit, I fail to see where we lose much of anything. Am I missing something?
Christiansen's interview has me absolutely JACKED about what this team can be in 2018 if we stay healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News