ADVERTISEMENT

Army's Fan Base - Where are you from?

ccsblackknights

Commandant
Gold Member
May 28, 2009
The Army football fan base is obviously global, but I would be curious to see where folks are from and even your affiliation with West Point (if at all) or if you care to share that portion or not.

I'm located in NYC and my father is a West Point grad and I'm a huge Army fan.

Columbus, Indiana; about 50 miles south of Indianapolis.

USMA '65

Grad- Former player

"Where are you from?" is always a tough question. I presume you mean right now, which for me is Texas.

I live in Oklahoma. My username (obviously) is USMA grad year.
This post was edited on 4/25 6:29 PM by WP76

Born in Massachusetts, I graduated in June 1943. Lived in lots of places, but have resided at West Point since 1992.

Originally posted by army73:
Grad- Former player

"Where are you from?" is always a tough question. I presume you mean right now, which for me is Texas.
Nice to see so many former players and/or grads of West Point on the board.

My current residence is in Paris, France. A couple family members are current cadets.

'79 grad from Oklahoma. Former player and coach living in Cornwall, just over the mountain from WP.

Staten Island. In 1965 as a teenager from Brooklyn a group of us went to the old MSG on 49 th st .Army played BYU who had three seven footers.Army had no one taller than 6'3" I think it was Mike Silliman, Army lost but they were in the in the game all the way. All of us were sons of WW2 Vets by the end of the game we were all singing On Brave Old Army Team.I am now a season ticket holder and A club member. Everyone of us went on to serve in Vietnam as enlisted men.

This post was edited on 4/30 5:52 PM by riverrat151

Originally posted by riverrat151:

Staten Island. In 1965 as a teenager from Brooklyn a group of us went to the old MSG on 49 th st .Army played BYU who had three seven footers.Army had no one taller than 6'3" I think it was Mike Silliman, Army lost but they were in the in the game all the way. All of us were sons of WW2 Vets by the end of the game we were all singing On Brave Old Army Team.I am now a season ticket holder and A club member. Everyone of us went on to serve in Vietnam as enlisted men.I am sorry I went on I have been lurking since this sight started .
Welcome Riverrat151 - There is some really good football played on Staten Island, especially Curtis High School. I wish we recruited there more often.

Originally posted by aleclee:
'89 grad living down the road from Zoomie Town

sign0094.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT