ADVERTISEMENT

2nd half blues

reanderson

Commandant
Apr 15, 2005
We have no game after intermission. The defense has just not gotten it done. Lose a game where we score 43!

Its been Army's MO to lose steam in second half. Army could be up by 21 at the half and I wouldn't consider game won - especially with Army's horrible kicking game. I saw 2 missed PATs vs Buffalo. I knew the 40+ yarder would be a miss. I was 95% sure the 25 yarder would be a miss. I can understand Army not having All American tackles and guards but I would think they could land a kicker somewhere (and blockers who don't jump offsides on kicks). Army kicking has been bad for a long time

I note that the kicker for the sprint football team is 3 of 4 on FGs with a long of 42 yard, maybe he wants to play D1?

Originally posted by reanderson:
We have no game after intermission. The defense has just not gotten it done. Lose a game where we score 43!
To an Ivy league school... that's the worst part.

Originally posted by aleclee:
Originally posted by joeben83:
To an Ivy league school... that's the worst part.
On the plus side, this might shut up the folks who suggest that Army downgrade to FCS so they can win more games.
Ha.

Good point, but I doubt it.

We've already heard from the usual suspect how Army just needs to pass the ball more.

"To an Ivy league school... that's the worst part"

Careful now - that's how other teams talk after they lose to a service academy lol
This post was edited on 9/29 7:02 PM by ashokan

Originally posted by snoopy72:

I note that the kicker for the sprint football team is 3 of 4 on FGs with a long of 42 yard, maybe he wants to play D1?
Having watched the replay of that 43 yarder, it was not all that bad a kick for the distance, and even the announcers from Yale thought it might have been good. Of course the refs had the best view; so there's no disputing their call. Anyone who plays golf knows that a draw can turn into a hook and a fade can turn into a slice when you're hitting into the wind, and that's what appeared to happen on that kick. It was high enough to catch the wind and as it lost momentum what started out as a normal draw turned into a hook as it got to the uprights. It was really tough to judge where it was when it passed the uprights but it started out looking good.

The kick in OT was a different thing altogether. Unfortunately he appeared to have made that kick until the refs called a timeout after the ball was snapped and kicked. It really didn't matter for much as it turned out anyway. The one we had to make was the 43 harder. If we hadn't had a holding penalty earlier in that drive, it would most likely have been a shorter kick to make. We negated a 7 yard gain and took a 10 yard penalty on that call. Give Grochowki those 17 yards, and the result might have been different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT