ADVERTISEMENT

Why I'm extremely encouraged

jbruellm

First Captain
Nov 30, 2014
I'm excited about the direction of Army football. Really excited. Before I get into why.... let me tell you that I live and die with every Army game. There is no fan out there who wants this team to succeed, right now, more than I do. I was nearly in tears yesterday when they kicked that field goal. That said, I am encouraged about our future. Why? I never remember seeing this much young talent on the field. And I mean NEVER. Yes, there were individual examples in past years but not the wholesale approach for freshmen and sophomores on the field that we're seeing now. What a game by Jackson, our frosh DB, yesterday! Bradshaw is going to be an impact player for us for two more seasons. Brinson... the guy is going to be a beast. Harris, Draper, Asberry, etc. The list goes on...

I believe we will still win some games this year. Next year will be much better. The offensive line "beef" that arrived as freshman this year (either USMAPS or direct) will be ready to help. And the year after that will be better still. In the meantime, we're going to keep building from the bottom up. I love the way this staff is recruiting and that will pay dividends.

That was a hard fought game yesterday. We came out on the short end, but it was an even contest. And we were doing it with lots of youth. To the current juniors and seniors, please keep playing your butts off. You guys give it all and your impact will be felt long after you leave. To the freshmen and sophomores, you guys are going to get this done... I can feel it. And to any recruits out there reading this...sign up to become part of something special, because it's going to be a ride! I can't wait to see the future unfold. Beat Navy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News