ADVERTISEMENT

Craziest Army Game That I Have Witnessed

TheNewBlackKnights09

Commandant
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2009
I can't even begin to bring any post-game narrative to this game, other than it had me yelling and cheering at a particular time and then cursing the next minute. There was a lot of "That's right, Great Play" then the next second, "&^%$".

Yes, we lost and I thought we could have won. Yes, I am disappointed, but I really enjoyed the excitement of the game.

The irony is that I wanted to ask Charles Grevious something the other day, so he shared his number and I called him. The subject turned to his recent visit to MetLife Stadium where he was a guest of someone as the Giants hosted the Falcons. He said the Giants played poorly, actually both teams did, but the Falcons won. But what he shared with me allowed me to put yesterday's game in perspective. He said that as he was leaving the stadium after the Giants game, he was really floored to how ANGRY fans were. It was almost as if someone had injured or murdered their spouse or some family member. It was so over the top that he vowed never to attend a game there. Then he said that he shared the moment with one of his sons, who stated that he and a few former West Point grads who reside in the Dallas/Plano area attended a recent Cowboys game and they too were turned off by this over the top reaction during and after the game.

So, yes we lost yesterday, but in the end for me, it is just a game, no matter how one commercializes it and brands it. There are so many things in our society that I can go over the top on, but losing a football game will never be one of them again. Don't get me wrong, I will cheer and perhaps get upset about a bad play or call, but not to the degree that I am come on this board and say that players suck or the staff are idiots - none of that kind of stuff for me.

I will close with this. I honestly think that a few fans here don't want to see success on the field, because part of their personality is to be critical although they mask it from time to time by throwing in a little compliment. Anyway folks, have a great Sunday and Go Army, Beat Air Force!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News