ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson Catoe- LB

According to new DC Nate Woody, everyone will be given an oppty to show what they can do this spring, so Wilson will be given chance to show what he's made of. Also, I am not sure what depth you are referring to at linebacker. Please elaborate.

According to new DC Nate Woody, everyone will be given an oppty to show what they can do this spring, so Wilson will be given chance to show what he's made of. Also, I am not sure what depth you are referring to at linebacker. Please elaborate.

When you carry 19 LBs in your roster and have 17 more committed, I’d say that a pretty deep LB room. Also given the fact he has ZERO plays at LB in 2 years, I’d say that’s buried.

• 19 on roster: Who are they and what experience and reps do they have?
  • Remember there are 4 LBs in Army's 3-4 defense, which means 3-4 linebackers on the field at a time.
  • 17 committed: How many are coming in direct vs prep?
  • Zero plays in two years? Do you know which LB spot he plays and who is ahead of him?
  • Did he have any reps on special teams? For example, Ryan Parker's entire career was special teams, with an occasional rep on defense, but he maintained and was an awesome contributor in is role.

• 19 on roster: Who are they and what experience and reps do they have?
  • Remember there are 4 LBs in Army's 3-4 defense, which means 3-4 linebackers on the field at a time.
  • 17 committed: How many are coming in direct vs prep?
  • Zero plays in two years? Do you know which LB spot he plays and who is ahead of him?
  • Did he have any reps on special teams? For example, Ryan Parker's entire career was special teams, with an occasional rep on defense, but he maintained and was an awesome contributor in is role.
Chill dude. Deep breath. It was a simple question. Will he play this year or remain way back on the depth chart. And for the record I do know the answers to all of your posed questions. However when you win a game by 31 points, 41 points, and damn near 60 points and you get zero reps, that tells you how far he was buried on the depth chart, I don’t care who you’re behind. Hence my question.

Last edited:
Chill dude. Deep breath. It was a simple question. Will he play this year or remain way back on the depth chart. And for the record I do know the answers to all of your posed questions. However when you win a game by 31 points, 41 points, and damn near 60 points and you get zero reps, that tells you how far he was buried on the depth chart, I don’t care who you’re behind. Hence my question.

I think the questions asked by TDArmy, for which you don't have the answers to are valid to getting your answers. If you just wanted a simple yes or no answer you should have just said so.

There are so many factors that will determine if Catoe will have any impact this season, starting with how he has performed during winter workouts as stated by new DC Nate Woody. Of course, what he does in spring ball compared to others. So IMO, it's a wait and see.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
I think the questions asked by TDArmy, for which you don't have the answers to are valid to getting your answers. If you just wanted a simple yes or no answer you should have just said so.
Sure I know the answers not sure why you think I don’t. As for the simple yes or no answer, can you read my original post? That’s a yes or no question....

I am assuming since you know the answers to TDArmy's question, then your initial question to the board is more of a rhetorical question, correct?

Either way, I think he has an uphill battle to crack the 2 deep, but like many guys trying to make it on the depth chart, special teams could be a start for him.

I recall when he decommitted from Harvard and committed to us. I think William has plenty of upside

quke7ecwp0r7macjowep

I am assuming since you know the answers to TDArmy's question, then your initial question to the board is more of a rhetorical question, correct?

Either way, I think he has an uphill battle to crack the 2 deep, but like many guys trying to make it on the depth chart, special teams could be a start for him.

I recall when he decommitted from Harvard and committed to us. I think William has plenty of upside

quke7ecwp0r7macjowep
Well, to start with his name is Wilson, not William. Secondly, he did play special teams last year. My question was to gauge the opinions of people on here who follow the program more closely than I do . Used to follow a lot closer but now have
More time commitments that don’t allow for it. It was a pretty simple question, that somehow has morphed into something more complex than it should have. Maybe I should just say, never mind.

Well, to start with his name is Wilson, not William. Secondly, he did play special teams last year. My question was to gauge the opinions of people on here who follow the program more closely than I do . Used to follow a lot closer but now have
More time commitments that don’t allow for it. It was a pretty simple question, that somehow has morphed into something more complex than it should have. Maybe I should just say, never mind.

My apologies for mistakenly calling William ... Wilson.

That being said, and perhaps your simple question deserved a different answer than you received. But, no one on these boards are mind readers and secondly, they respond the way they want to respond and that's my simple answer. It's up to you if you want to say never mind or not, just like posters can respond to your simple question the way they want. That is what makes the board engaging. But hey, that's just me.

My apologies for mistakenly calling William ... Wilson.

That being said, and perhaps your simple question deserved a different answer than you received. But, no one on these boards are mind readers and secondly, they respond the way they want to respond and that's my simple answer. It's up to you if you want to say never mind or not, just like posters can respond to your simple question the way they want. That is what makes the board engaging. But hey, that's just me.
Yeah, so still no answer. Just mindless retorts like “ do you know who is on the roster? And do you know who he is behind?” Followed by accusations that I don’t. Followed by “ I can answer how I want”. So really, the responses added nothing. I asked the wrong crowd. So, yeah, never mind. And.....thanks for the picture. That was helpful.

Your Initial Question: Will he play at all this season or remain buried on the depth chart?

Poster's Response: I believe that someone answered that they felt that it would be hard for him to crack the 2-deep.

That seems like an appropriate answer from where I sit. Anyway, back to the 12th Knight message board where there aren't any trolls. ;)

Your Initial Question: Will he play at all this season or remain buried on the depth chart?

Poster's Response: I believe that someone answered that they felt that it would be hard for him to crack the 2-deep.

That seems like an appropriate answer from where I sit. Anyway, back to the 12th Knight message board where there aren't any trolls. ;)
Was actually looking for more than one. Guess you tools dont follow that closely.

Was actually looking for more than one. Guess you tools dont follow that closely.
Just discovered this thread and will give a response that maybe you were looking for. Wilson Catoe is an exceptional athlete that I believe could break into the 2-deep with the exit of Christianson and Parker. Also, you add a new defensive coordinator in the mix; therefore, Catoe should get his chance to move up. He did a great job at special teams last season.

Reactions: Warrior-D
Just discovered this thread and will give a response that maybe you were looking for. Wilson Catoe is an exceptional athlete that I believe could break into the 2-deep with the exit of Christianson and Parker. Also, you add a new defensive coordinator in the mix; therefore, Catoe should get his chance to move up. He did a great job at special teams last season.
Thanks. That is more of what I was looking for so I appreciate it. For what it’s worth he had 1 tackle on special teams.

We call know about CC, but I love the Ryan Parkers' of the Army football world. Basically was a special teams player for 4 years, although did get reps late in games or when someone like Cole went down with an injury. I wish I had 50 guys with his type of mentality. #Brotherhood

We call know about CC, but I love the Ryan Parkers' of the Army football world. Basically was a special teams player for 4 years, although did get reps late in games or when someone like Cole went down with an injury. I wish I had 50 guys with his type of mentality. #Brotherhood
No doubt Parker will be missed in more than one way. His effort and mentality will be hard to replace.

ADVERTISEMENT