ADVERTISEMENT

Will Smith smacks Chris Rock on stage at the Oscars!

SpecialOps55

Commandant
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2011
Honestly, I am not one to watch the Oscars, so I did not see this unfold live.

However, and IMO, what Will Smith did cross the line. It is an offense that cannot be tolerated. These are adults that have to be accountable, not to a higher level but to a level that is "normal human behavior".

Let's be real here. Assault is Assault, plain and simple. Guess what? Twenty minutes later they are applauding his win. Not sure if Smith would have approached Jason Mamoa with the same joke.

Reactions: Bulletproof09
Honestly, I am not one to watch the Oscars, so I did not see this unfold live.

However, and IMO, what Will Smith did cross the line. It is an offense that cannot be tolerated. These are adults that have to be accountable, not to a higher level but to a level that is "normal human behavior".

Let's be real here. Assault is Assault, plain and simple. Guess what? Twenty minutes later they are applauding his win. Not sure if Smith would have approached Jason Mamoa with the same joke.

I see the opposite SpecialOps. To me, Chris Rock crossed the line and Will Smith stuck up for his wife. It's one thing to make a joke about someone and a completely different thing to say something about a disease they have.

Reactions: DeoGratias
I see the opposite SpecialOps. To me, Chris Rock crossed the line and Will Smith stuck up for his wife. It's one thing to make a joke about someone and a completely different thing to say something about a disease they have.
I would have to agree to disagree, Will laughed at the joke too at first. Til he realized Jada wasn’t happy about it. Their relationship has been the topic, of conversation after the “ Entanglement “ affair came out. Jada has brought things out, about their private life every other week about what she thinks is not good. IMO has been embarrassing to Will, so much that FANS been telling her to stop talking about his imperfections. Constantly humiliating a man will take its toll, this was the night! Chris is a comedian, they tell jokes that makes some people uncomfortable at times. Will knows the business, if he can’t deal with it no more, stand down. He needed to take a break, after the scandal. Let things die down, to regain his self respect. Specially sense he continues to stay with his wife, whose really a trigger for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT