ADVERTISEMENT

Weak Weekend

chipporter

First Captain
Jul 10, 2007
Not sure whether to chalk up this weekends performance to team flu or what? Matt Fouch was awesome on Saturday morning. The bats were alive enough. Funny though, the hitting star wasn't who you'd think, it was Ben Koenigsfeld, 4-4 with 2 doubles. He cooled down progressively the next two games as the flu took hold of him. He wasn't quite all there for his Saturday night start either.

Some positive plebe notes, Zach Price, the frosh MIF, went 1-2 with a pair of RBI's and a great play diving to his right at 2B. Bruggeman did well in his first college start, looked solid. Ryan Davis, although touched up a bit, actually looked pretty good in relief. J.T. Watkins is the real deal behind the dish. Take charge, take no crap kind of catcher. Hopefully the coaches can get his game calling skills where they need to be at this level so we can quit calling pitches from the dugout and slowing the game to a snails pace.

Other positives yet to come...Ben Gibbs, RHP, soph, got knocked around some in his first mound appearance in 2 years. My bet is that he's going to be fine, and by year end will have played a major role in the teams success. Kevin McKauge looked good in an inning of relief on the mound. Joey Henshaw and Kirk Porter both had great bullpens as they wind down on rehab and are nearing a jump back into the rotation. Expect to see both on the bump in some capacity at George Mason in 2 weeks.

This weekend at USC Upstate will be interesting. We should be past our illness and hungry to avenge two ugly losses.

Go Knights!

This post was edited on 2/24 9:33 AM by chipporter

Scheduling is so much different

now than when I played. We wouldn't play until spring break and our first day outside was our first game.

You sound like you have first hand information about the program I hope you will keep us baseball fans (or at least me)informed as to what is happening with the program this spring.

Go Army!

Re: Scheduling is so much different

Our first day outside was the day before at a minor league field. I'm glad we got at least a couple hours on grass. Thanks to Clint Moore's dad, Kevan, for coming through and making the arrangements for the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT