ADVERTISEMENT

We Now Interrupt This Football Forum to Bring You Baseball

fix bayonets

Firstie
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2008
Our Army Black Knights (28-12), riding a 6-game winning streak, head to Annapolis this weekend to close out Patriot League play against Navy. Army stands just 1/2 game back from Bucknell in the standings, so home field advantage is at stake along with annual bragging rights this weekend.

Army currently checks in at #143 nationally in today's Iterative Strength Ratings (courtesy of www.boydsworld.com), a full 108 spots ahead of Navy at #251. With respective ISRs of 101.5 and 88.4, data suggests that Army has a 77.6% chance of winning each game played. That's close enough to 75% for me, so my prediction is that Army takes 3 of 4 and sings second come Sunday afternoon.

Give 'em Hell Boys!

The baseball team at West Point is actually fun to watch and has been for a few years now. I really hope one of these years they can put it all together and make it to the College World Series.

Okay, Fix_Bayonets, what are you predicting for Wednesday's Pwerball numbers?

Great series victory for Army baseball.

One more interruption, Special Ops. :)

Appears that Doubleday Field now has lights which were used some in victory over Lehigh last night.

Baseball is Patriot League Co-Champions but seeded 2 in the tourney behind Bucknell.

Congrats to Coach Reed and Army Baseball!

Originally posted by SpecialOps55:
There is a baseball message board as well, so there is no need to interrupt the football message board.
But it's okay to interrupt with NBA stuff? Just wondering.

Originally posted by ducrot pepys:

There is a baseball message board as well, so there is no need to interrupt the football message board.
Well, there isn't an NBA board, although it could go under current event, but I agree with Special Ops. Why not use the baseball message board. What's wrong with his recommendation?

Originally posted by TheWestPoint07:

Originally posted by ducrot pepys:

Well, there isn't an NBA board, although it could go under current event, but I agree with Special Ops. Why not use the baseball message board. What's wrong with his recommendation?
A lot more people would see it here. And it's a lot more appropriate on this board than many other topics that go unquestioned.

ADVERTISEMENT