ADVERTISEMENT

Vs, Navy

chipporter

First Captain
Jul 10, 2007
Word is, Henshaw is back when it comes to pitching. After being absent from the hill for a year, the ball was exploding out of his hand yesterday vs. Iona. His motion was described as effortless, and he claimed to not be trying to put anything on the ball. With the addition of Joey to the staff, it wouldn't be unexpected to see him in a relief role this weekend, with 3-4 innings coming his way. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he closed, although the coaches may want to get him more innings than that in hopes of getting him back in the rotation, possibly as early as next week vs. Lehigh.

Last year, after we took the first two from Navy and got up in the third game, the whole Navy team looked dejected, resigned to their fate. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the order of pitching rotation this weekend in an effort to get up on Navy again and see if we can elicit a similar beat down.

With JT and JP both heating up with their sticks, I'd be looking for some solid run production from the bottom of our order too.

McKague came back yesterday and lit it up, and very quietly, Moore has started pummeling the ball...and in situations where it's needed.

All in all, I think Navy should be scared...very scared.

GO ARMY!

I saw that he struck out the side, what a way to come back. I've been waiting all year for him to make a return...I was starting to wonder if he was going to be shut down for the year. His return to the rotation would be crucial down the stretch as Army tries to battle back into the playoff picture. I know Brueggemann is just a freshman, but he has struggled lately. Hopefully Joey is ready to go soon and we can put Brueggemann into a relief role and let him develop for a year.

Took the first 3 but Navy won game 4. We are right in the thick of the Patriot League race. We have little room for error after our slow start but we are one game out of first at the moment. Little room for error as the top 5 teams are all within one game of each other and only the top 4 make the league playoff. We need to have a good weekend against last place Lehigh.

Go Army!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT