ADVERTISEMENT

The Inside Stuff Top College Football Rivalry Of All-Time?

What Is The Greatest College Football Rivalries Of All-Time?

• Army-Navy

• Alabama-Auburn

• Ohio St.-Michigan

• Notre Dame-USC

• Oklahoma-Texas

• Miami-Florida State

• Clemson-Alabama

• Oregon-Oregon St.

• Penn State-Pittsburgh

• Others (please name)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Charles Grevious

Dec 23, 2009
What Are The Greatest College Football Rivalries Of All-Time?

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ohio-state-michigan-final-score-highlights.jpg

626013850.0.jpg

1046703894.jpg.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

clemson_alabama.jpg

gettyimages-1071555228.jpg

miles-sanders-penn-state-pitt.jpg

All-Time, there are a couple I would select and obviously one would be A-N, but today's game I would say Bam-Clemson sit atop the list followed by Army-Navy

Obviously it's Army-Navy from so many different levels, but then again, your location plays such a mighty role in which rivalry is the top of all time and the two key words are "all time". Historically and to present I would say A-N and Ohio State-Michigan.

Saw the thread on Soundoff so I thought to venture over here.
As a former Marine I appreciate all the people who support The United States Military Academy even though I support Navy in the football game.

My top two would be Navy/Army and Texas/Oklahoma.
Both are neutral sites games that add a different flavor to the game.
Unlike Navy/Army, though, Texas and Oklahoma aren't on the same side 364 days of the year.

Saw the thread on Soundoff so I thought to venture over here.
As a former Marine I appreciate all the people who support The United States Military Academy even though I support Navy in the football game.

My top two would be Navy/Army and Texas/Oklahoma.
Both are neutral sites games that add a different flavor to the game.
Unlike Navy/Army, though, Texas and Oklahoma aren't on the same side 364 days of the year.

Good assessment and post

Which of these rivalry games has been played the most?
A-N 119 games
M-OSU 115
UA-AU 83
ND-USC 90
UT-OU 114
Miami-FSU 63

Spanning two world wars, numerous regional conflicts and countless deployments, as well as the most games against each other solidifies, in my opinion, the case for Army-Navy as the greatest rivalry.

I know. But this year I want to see Army/AF more than Army/Navy. As Kevin Anderson said, Army and Navy like each other - Army and Air Force dont - and it shows.

rGWRH4R.gif

Perhaps, but Army-Air Force rivalry is not even in the conversation of Army-Navy or any of the above rivalries and that's what this thread is about.

Sorry Holmes!

Perhaps, but Army-Air Force rivalry is not even in the conversation of Army-Navy or any of the above rivalries and that's what this thread is about.

Sorry Holmes!

OK OK I'll play it square - the greatest football rivalry of all time is..Yale vs Harvard.

Play began in 1875 - 15 years before Army had a team. Harvard and Yale have almost 30 national championships between them. Army and Navy have 6 - with a few of Army's being benefited by WWII. Navy of course only has 1. So, strip out all the rah Beat Navy/Army stuff and stick to the field, and its Harvard.v Yale by a lot - historically speaking.

There were certain eras that some of these rivalries were unreal. Modern football starting in the 1970's where school would truly become integrated, Ohio State-Michigan were some of the absolutely best. Buckeyes vs Wolverines and Woody vs Bo

I think neutral site games show rivarlies better.

You can feel the momentum changing from one said to another.
Someone is always loud. Michigan plays at home and gets blown out by 40 it takes the air out of the stadium.

You never see that at a neutral site game. Plus it adds to the pageantry of the game.

I think neutral site games show rivarlies better.

You can feel the momentum changing from one said to another.
Someone is always loud. Michigan plays at home and gets blown out by 40 it takes the air out of the stadium.

You never see that at a neutral site game. Plus it adds to the pageantry of the game.

I agree about the neutral site - it adds to the drama!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT