ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL ARMY-WAKE FOREST PREDICTION THREAD

DocJayy

General of the Army
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2006
I believe we rebound. I believe our play calling and our O-line will both improve by Saturday and we won't be one dimensional offensively.

Army 28
Wake Forest 21

I like the 28-21 - just to be different I will say,

Army 31
Wake 24.

Tough week to travel back late, get prepared and travel again. I think this is the most important game of the year other than AFA or Navy. My reasoning is that Wake is rebuilding and we should be able to play with and beat them. Again tough travel for us, but winnable. If we win at Wake, we will beat Yale and come home 3-1 with 4 home games plus Yankee Stadium. And there are no more Standfords on the schedule. We should compete in every game and of course they are all losable too (Is that a word??)

Also be good to see how a Monken team plays on the road (I will write off last week as a really good team (and a super defense) that was pissed after losing to USC and needed to take it out on someone - wrong place / wrong time.)

Originally posted by swburke:
I like the 28-21 - just to be different I will say,

Army 31
Wake 24.

Tough week to travel back late, get prepared and travel again. I think this is the most important game of the year other than AFA or Navy. My reasoning is that Wake is rebuilding and we should be able to play with and beat them. Again tough travel for us, but winnable. If we win at Wake, we will beat Yale and come home 3-1 with 4 home games plus Yankee Stadium. And there are no more Standfords on the schedule. We should compete in every game and of course they are all losable too (Is that a word??)

Also be good to see how a Monken team plays on the road (I will write off last week as a really good team (and a super defense) that was pissed after losing to USC and needed to take it out on someone - wrong place / wrong time.)
All valid points and I agree.

The Buffalo game was a MUST win for us and Stanford was a barometer type game {to see where we really are} and it showed a lot. This game against Wake Forest is another MUST win contest, for which I believe we will come out on top.

Army 28
WF 21

I think Army should win by about 10 pts. But I'm always afraid when an opponent has been ineffective and then springs a new QB on us. Will WF do that??? I don't know, maybe Army will go to a new starting QB. A lot of questions. This game is winnable, but can Army pull it off on the road???
question.r191677.gif

Originally posted by armyfan:

I think Army should win by about 10 pts. But I'm always afraid when an opponent has been ineffective and then springs a new QB on us. Will WF do that??? I don't know, maybe Army will go to a new starting QB. A lot of questions. This game is winnable, but can Army pull it off on the road???
question.r191677.gif
I don't think it's likely that Clausen is going to go with a different QB against us. He's still on a honeymoon with the fans who have already accepted this as a rebuilding year; so there's no compelling reason for him to pull the freshman. Wolford has some talent, but still makes a lot of freshman mistakes. I'd worry more about him evolving more than I'd worry about him being replaced, but I think he's still a few games away from losing his naivety.

Our defense grew from game one to game two, and will find WF a lot easier to handle. WF has no running game and as long as our CBs play like they're capable of, I don't see WF putting too many points on the board. They only got 23 against Gardner Webb, and 7 of their 24 against Utah State came off of a pick 6.

Army 35
WF 13

Our D continues to get better and it will show on Saturday. Our O finally wakes up and we move to 2-1 on the season.

Army 35
Wake Forest 17

I am excited about our new coaching staff but understandably nervous about our first shutout in six years at Stanford - I hope that this weekend will be a repeat of my plebe year in 1972 when we lost to a top-ranked Nebraska team 77-7 at home to open the season and then travelled to Texas A&M and beat them for a great upset comeback victory - I think Schurr gives us the best chance at QB which he displayed again in the 4th quarter at Stanford - I hope he gets the chance to lead our offense to a big win at Wake where I will be cheering us on in the stands - Army bounces back - 34-24

Think our Defense will shut down Wake until the fourth quarter.

Now only need our offense to take those 10-15 play drives over 6 to 8 minutes long for TDs.

Another poor pitch gives Wake a TD on the turnover. Their freshman QB hits a TD reception late while we again play prevent.

Score is closer than the game really was.

ARMY 34, Wake Forest 28.

Our Defensive continues to improve, but the Offensive still has trouble "finding itself". In a Double overtime Army 30 Wake Forest 27--

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT