ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL ARMY-UCONN PREDICTION THREAD

BetterThanNavy

Commandant
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Two 1st year coaches go head to head on Saturday. Hmmmm? Last week I had us pulling this game out. But UConn is coming off of a impressive win versus UCF and our offense looks like a ball of confusion out there.

Army 21
UConn 32

If we don't beat UConn, I am setting up a meeting next week with the Supe and Boo !

uzi.r191677.gif

Army 30
UConn 24

Originally posted by ccsblackknights:
If we don't beat UConn, I am setting up a meeting next week with the Supe and Boo !

uzi.r191677.gif

Army 30
UConn 24
Thanks for your honesty!
wink.r191677.gif

I think a better prediction is what the crowd will be.

UCONN hasn't played in YS, so maybe the novelty gets some folks there. More UCONN folks than Army - maybe 25,000.

Overall, I am not sure what a win over UConn would prove based on the product on the field that we have seen thus far. But I do feel the team will make it happen and hopefully it will bring to a place of at least trying to get back to back wins for the first time this season.

Army 24
UConn 21

Yes we know they can do it, the real question is do the coaching staff believe it???????

Santiago 13 rushes, 2 for 14 passing, 6 TFL
Dixon 19 rushes
Baggett 2 rushes
Maples 0 rushes, 1 reception
Giovanelli 4 rushes, 1 reception
4 other RBs 4 rushes

Army 7
UConn 24

Originally posted by Pack1231:
Dixon 19 rushes
Baggett 2 rushes
4 other RBs 4 rushes

Army 7
UConn 24
Yep, that pretty much sums it up, unfortunately.

Originally posted by NJFAN:

Originally posted by Pack1231:
Dixon 19 rushes
Baggett 2 rushes
4 other RBs 4 rushes

Army 7
UConn 24
Yep, that pretty much sums it up, unfortunately.
Well that's the ball game! Maybe we can beat Navy with that too..... :(

Heading into this game, there doesn't appear to be much basis for optimism. While UConn's level of play is trending upward, Army's high water mark for the season was the first half of the first game against Buffalo.

Granted the Defense had a few good series against Air Force, but they still haven't been able to sustain a consistent effort for an entire game. The Offense appears to be in total disarray.

Combine that with the fact that we've sacrificed home games in exchange for the revenue payout garnered from the contract for playing teams at Yankee Stadium (where we haven't played particularly well), it figures to be another long painful Saturday afternoon.

UConn 43
Army 17
This post was edited on 11/5 2:05 AM by E2dog82

Its hard to remember even an Army team that has improved less from Game 1 till now. UCONN coach is very intense and seems to really beleive he is building something. They have improved massively since their early season debacles. A lot more size and athleticism than us. We have been getting blown out without even turning the ball over. UCONN 36 Army 12

Originally posted by BillGil:
Its hard to remember even an Army team that has improved less from Game 1 till now. UCONN coach is very intense and seems to really beleive he is building something. They have improved massively since their early season debacles. A lot more size and athleticism than us. We have been getting blown out without even turning the ball over. UCONN 36 Army 12
The thing is Bill, we do have the right players to move the ball down the field. Now if they get the ball it would be the lease of our problems, that would allow Dixon to do his thing.... however¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Not looking forward to try to compete with UConn's run defense in this one. AFA dominated our line, I can only imagine what UConn will do to us.

Army - 13
UConn - 34

We got this game:

Army 34
UConn 21

Our "D" plays a shut down game and our offensive coordinator remembers we have two guys name Maples and Baggett.

I haven't seen anything to give me hope this season. Expecting another loss until the team shows something good on the field.

Army 10
UConn 27

The faithful have spoken - suggesting a mean Army score of 24 pts. That would be more than a pleasant surprise. Don't think even that will be enough.
Uconn - 27
Army - 13

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT