ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL ARMY-NAVY PREDICTION THREAD

ArmyMadDog

Commandant
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2011
Although a few weeks away, no need to hold back - so let's get the thoughts going surrounding this game.

Navy has one more game which is this weekend against South Alabama. So they will enter our game either 6-5 or 5-6.

Either way, this is going to be a tough game and very much like 2012, they came down to the final drive, which of course we fumbled when it appeared we were heading to the winning touchdown.

Anyway, I am going to believe that our seniors will make it happen and we will play a UConn type of game.

Army 28
Navy 27

I just think our defense is still lacking and our safety play even against a run oriented offense like Navy's is just not where it needs to be.

Navy 34
Army 24

Is this some kind of trick thread? Because if not, this one is very very easy.

83937553.jpg

Army 34
Navy 27

Originally posted by usma80:
ARMY: 28
navy: 24
I think it will be a very tight game as your prediction indicates. Unfortunately, I think we will have another 4th quarter Steelman like moment and fall short.

Navy 30
Army 27

The pieces are there. We just need them all to come together in one game. Give me the defense that played Air Force, the OL play in the second half of the Fordham game , the play calling and pressure on the perimeter of the UCONN game, and the overall team enthusiasm of the Ball State game and we win 28-21.

I like how we finished the season and I believe this team will get it done. Let's end the streak!

Army 31
Navy 28

Beat em!

I am feeling that Navy is too cocky coming into the game and we are too pissed.

Army 30
Navy 24

Originally posted by NotSoOldGrad:
I like how we finished the season and I believe this team will get it done. Let's end the streak!

Army 31
Navy 28

Beat em!
I am onboard with you NotSoOldGrad. I hope that the two week layoff doesn't hurt the MO you are talking about.

I am with you OTH87, and it kills me to post this

Army 17
Navy 31

I just don't see everything coming together (offense, defense, special teams) for the first time this season, and the first time in many years......we will need our best game (no turnovers, big plays, good tackling, no killing penalties) and navy will need a bad game, with 2-3 turnovers. There remains such a huge disparity at QB, that is the biggest difference.....along with confidence.
I really hope you optimists are right!!

We've been practicing hard and the team has the right mindset. They're on a mission to win. Let's go get it!

I think Army will score plenty on Navy. Navy has given up 30 or more pts 7 times this year. If Army's defense can contain Reynolds and create a couple of turnovers....I'm feeling pretty good about their chances. I see a very even matchup, high scoring game, and think its going to go to the wire. And thanks to the Navy AD for some extra motivation, if anyone has seen his recent statements.
My guess: I see it happening this year.
Army 48 Navy 42.

If Army expands Maples and Baggett's role beyond what we have seen so far this season Army 38 Navy 35, and if we see a game dominated by Santiago and the B back then Navy 49 - Army 28.

Originally posted by snitz1:
If Army expands Maples and Baggett's role beyond what we have seen so far this season Army 38 Navy 35, and if we see a game dominated by Santiago and the B back then Navy 49 - Army 28.
We were just talking about that on the 12th Knight.

Less AS and more RM & TB

I hate to say it but at this point a competitive game is a moral victory. Navy 30 Army 24. We need some bounces, some luck , some big plays. It can be done.

Originally posted by BillGil:
I hate to say it but at this point a competitive game is a moral victory. Navy 30 Army 24. We need some bounces, some luck , some big plays. It can be done.
It will be done!!!!!

Army 28
Navy 24

GCHSAWC - Theres nothing tougher than predicting football outcomes, but whatever happens on Sat - this much I would bet my house on - we couldnt score 48 on this Navy team if we played them twice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT