ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL ARMY-KENT STATE PREDICTION THREAD

I think that the running game gets back on track and we dominate time of possession this week.

Army - 42
Kent St - 24

Originally posted by usma80:
I think that the running game gets back on track and we dominate time of possession this week.

Army - 42
Kent St - 24
Oddly enough, as Coach Monken mentioned at the press conference, two statistical areas in which Kent State is above average are turnover margin (plus 1) and time of possession. The time of possession is particularly interesting considering that KSU is a passing team with a 54% completion average, which usually translates into less time off the clock on offense. Unless we fumble the ball too often, get totally shut down on offense, or score on long runs all game, we should win the TOP battle.

KSU defense has given up an average of 212 yards rushing yards per game with an average of 4.8 yards per carry. Just to make sure that wasn't skewed too much by playing Ohio State and Virginia, I checked the stats for those games, and they were just a little above that average. UMass averaged 5.6 yards running the ball against KSU as well, and UMass is 115th in Rushing Offense with an average of 3.01 yards per carry; so we should be able to run the ball against them.

Other than their passing combination of Reardon, Humphries and Pierce, one of their best weapons is their kicker Melchiori who could put some points on the board.

Army 38
KSU 23

We better win this damn game!
chairshot.r191677.gif

Army - 34
Kent State - 24

(Or as we used to say a long time ago - National Guard 4 - Kent State - 0)

GO ARMY! Beat Kent State :)

Originally posted by goodknight65:
Oddly enough, as Coach Monken mentioned at the press conference, two statistical areas in which Kent State is above average are turnover margin (plus 1) and time of possession. The time of possession is particularly interesting considering that KSU is a passing team with a 54% completion average, which usually translates into less time off the clock on offense.
Kent State's time of possession is completely understandable: their opponents have not needed to possess the ball for very long. Scoring drives by their opponents this year AVERAGE 2:26. Thirty-four scoring drives by the opposition, only 7 have taken longer than 3 minutes. FIFTEEN have taken less than 2 minutes.

My prediction: Army 24, KSU 10.

This post was edited on 10/17 10:01 AM by BrentDavis

ARMY has its first game with two (or three) rushers going over 100 yards.

ARMY 49, Kent State 13

ADVERTISEMENT