ADVERTISEMENT

The Not Completely Official Army-Buffalo Prediction Thread

KnightNight

Commandant
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2008
North Carolina
Not sure where Doc is at this time but time to share some thoughts into one of this season's more anticipated games. If the injury report is as thin as it appears at this time and the now expected ability of the Black Knights to come out and play to a high level week in and week out I am expecting a last possession win- lose scenario. Key - We want the ball last - Army 24 Buffalo 20 - Yes we make a FG! ( Early not late)

This game reminds me of the Duke game. As we learned after the game, Duke had a sore spot after last year's loss to Army. They were really amped-up for retribution. I think Army team probably underestimated Duke's resolve for that opening game.

Something similar could be the case with Buffalo. Army won last year in the waning minutes by using a fake punt to keep Buffalo off the field. I'm sure that game is well remembered in Buffalo. Plus, Buffalo and Army are Buffalo's two big games and RU got its doors kicked-in by Buffalo last week so Buffalo has to be riding high at 4-0. Unlike Oklahoma, Buffalo is well used to Army and the option. But I like how Army's defense has been playing lately. Watching Army's stand on goal vs Oklahoma you could see a really smart and talented crew at work there. It wasn't just "athletes" doing stuff

You should interact on the 12th Knight message board. Much more fan interaction

ADVERTISEMENT