ADVERTISEMENT

The AP Top 25 Poll (Week #2)

Warrior-D

Commandant
Gold Member
Mar 2, 2013
I am very surprised that Rutgers received 6 votes. Stanford dropped from 11th to 13th. Ohio State dropped a couple of notches as well, as Navy gave them a run for their money for sure.

Here you go!

For the first time in a long time RU's OL can run block - and they have a top back to boot. Paul James is injury prone but when healthy he clips off 150 yd games routinely and that will include 50 yd TD runs. They also have one of best OC's in nation in Ralph "Fridge" Fridgen. With a real run game, Fridge can keep Nova the QB from pressing and throwing the INTs he's prone to. RU was picked to lose but they went across country and beat a PAC 12 team with a circus offense in a night game. B1G has a record of losing such games. Their weakness is the secondary but with a healthy James they can keep teams off the field (and keep Nova from giving games up).

Ohio started a freshman QB after senior starter was hurt not long ago, They ran pretty tame offense, Typical of games vs option teams, Ohio was struggling in first half but then moved ahead in second. Reynolds didn't even get 50 yds total offense.

I didn't see Stanford game but I know they lost key players on defense so its good Army plays them early. Army needs a big first half. No 7-6 like Ohio/Navy

Originally posted by BrentDavis:
Rutgers received only one vote. That voter had them 20th, which gave the Scarlet Knights 6 points in the poll.
Thanks BD, I was just going to ask about that. I see RU is back on our schedule in 2015, which I think is a good idea, but not playing at Yankee Stadium. It should be Michie Stadium or the Scarlet Knights' stadium which is a beautiful venue to watch a football game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT