ADVERTISEMENT

Season Tickets - a matter of principle?

BigDNY

Recruit
Apr 4, 2007
Season tickets deadline is five days away and I have a problem. For my same seats as last year they want $88 more from me this year. What has Army done that justifies raising ticket prices? I'm not going to get too carried away, and I may still get season tickets this year because there is nothing I like better than tailgating at West Point, but the hubris on their part ticks me off. If more people felt the way I do and protested then it would make sense to hold out. I feel however that maybe im the only one who cares or even pays attention to these things. Army Football could care less about my season ticket because the rest of the season ticket holders are apathetic to how they are treated. I know the Monken era is upon us, but I've heard that before. I feel at this point that Army Football owes me for years of loyalty by putting a winning product on the field before they fleece me for more.

I feel you Big! I'm going to hold off on my first time investment on season tickets. .. I want to see something first. But I'm thinking if you do buy your tic.then you find out they went back down, then they owe you a refund. Plus you know that money helps pay for the new coach we got, that some said we got to pay to play ching ching $$$$$$$$...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Yes Porky 88 bucks total. $680 last year to $768 this season. Just over $4 total per ticket for the season. Maybe not a big deal except when you are coming off a 3, then a 2, then a 3 win season.

Guess where the money for Ellerson's buyout and Monken's (presumably higher) salary came from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT