ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trump on whether Kaepernick ought to play: 'If he's good enough'

Warrior-D

Commandant
Gold Member
Mar 2, 2013
What do you say to this or think?

“Only if he’s good enough,” Trump said. “If he’s good enough, I know the owners, I know [Patriots owner] Bob Kraft, I know so many of the owners. If he’s good enough, I know these people. They would sign him in a heartbeat. They will do anything they can to win games. Frankly, I’d love to see Kaepernick come in if he’s good enough. But I don’t want to see him come in if somebody thinks it’s a good PR move. If he’s good enough, he will be in.”

Here’s the full answer:

https://sports.yahoo.com/trump-on-w...ugh-162913667.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

If I was an owner I would not sign him on any terms for any reason. Some things are more important than winning.

If I was an owner I would not sign him on any terms for any reason. Some things are more important than winning.

I couldn't agree with you more, but this is about some thing, it's about something specific. And please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Kaepernick taking a knee during the national anthem to bring awareness to police brutality against the Black Men in this country? If so, isn't it his right to do so even though it may offend some of us?

Of course it his 100% right to knell during the National Anthem in protest to a cause. It is also my right to disagree with what I see as disloyalty to our country and an inappropriate way to protest. Freedom of expression does not mean that others must accept your actions as appropriate. I would not hire him as a representative of my company. When in uniform or "on duty" an employer has the right to limit the political actions of their employees. Protest after work if you want but not while on-duty.

Of course it his 100% right to knell during the National Anthem in protest to a cause. It is also my right to disagree with what I see as disloyalty to our country and an inappropriate way to protest. Freedom of expression does not mean that others must accept your actions as appropriate. I would not hire him as a representative of my company. When in uniform or "on duty" an employer has the right to limit the political actions of their employees. Protest after work if you want but not while on-duty.

LMAO!

Watch for a few of my upcoming threads, covering each of the following topics:

1) Pro life vs pro choice debate
2) Merits of all current presidential candidates
3) The Mueller report
4) Immigration policy
5) Gun rights/gun control
6) Our current federal tax system
7) The merits of prayer in public schools

I figure that there is no better place to discuss these things than right here, on the Army Football forum.

Sarcasm alert for any poster who does not have that detector built-in.

I am sure that GBK will eventually move the thread to the current events message board, although this an interesting subject, IMO.

So you agree with what he was protesting about, but just timing of his protest (game time/wearing uniform) .... correct?

For me the protest issue is not the point - as Americans we can protest any issue that we choose. My issue is that when you are on-duty representing your company (or team) you do not express your political or social opinions in public. After work (or the game) protest all you want. I also have an issue with disrespecting our National anthem or our flag.

For me the protest issue is not the point - as Americans we can protest any issue that we choose. My issue is that when you are on-duty representing your company (or team) you do not express your political or social opinions in public. After work (or the game) protest all you want. I also have an issue with disrespecting our National anthem or our flag.

I hear you, but I have to admit that when I go to NFL games, I can tell you that there are so many folks at the concession stands and even the workers continue on even when the national anthem is being played and of course the latter is employed by the team and in their respective uniforms.

Don't even let me mention the tailgaters who completely ignore the anthem.

Seems a little hypocritical to me.

This is an Army football blog so this is my last word on the subject. You have the right to accept a player taking a knee during the National anthem but I do not which is my right. Again, I would not hire a person to represent my company (or team) that feels they must participate in political protest while on-duty wearing my company logo or team uniform.

I liked him better when he was winning football games. From a football perspective he was part of a short window of time when players like him, Tim Tebow, and RG3 were a thing. I suppose RG3 is still hanging in there somewhere.

I don’t really think of him as a football player now. He’s a woke dude funded by Nike and Nike is so afraid of losing his followers that they dissed Betsy Ross.

He must be incredibly popular and sympathetic to people under the age of 30.

Reactions: jiacono
1. I hope this thread gets moved or locked.
2. I don't tell people when, where, or how to protest.
3. But, IF company policy says "don't do it at work," then don't do it at work if you want to work there.
4. I don't know NFL or team employment policies.

Good post BD and by the way, there is ABSOLUTELY no such team/employment polices that the other poster was trying shuffle into his argument.

Reactions: ArmyFootball2016

Hmmmmmm so having to stand, and recite the National Anthem at your job is not social or political? Other then a Military job, no one should be made to stand and recite the Anthem. That shouldn’t be apart of how you perform, your job or not. If you own a private company, and that’s one of your requirements to work there. Then it better be in your employees handbook. Which you cannot be stipulated in your company bylaws, cause it’s illegal. Why you think you can dictate, when it’s reasonable to you, as to when a person should or should not do something. That doesn’t have anything to do with his job performance, is beyond me. As long as you do your job, when you come to work, that’s all I care about. So what if saying the Anthem is against their religion, that don’t matter either?

ADVERTISEMENT