ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Separate him from the NBA immediately!

NJFAN

Commander in Chief
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Shameful if you ask me.

sign0084.r191677.gif

Kick his ass out now.

I got this from another Rivals.com message board and it pretty much says it all.

"Well, if we're going to suggest that she has sex for money, the obvious follow-up question is, "how much?"

And according to CNN, she is the defendant in a lawsuit alleging she took $1.75 MILLION.

Sterling - Racist.

Trashy girlfriend - Prostitute.

We don't have to pick sides in this. Neither of them are people you would want babysitting your kids."

Originally posted by DocJayy:
I got this from another Rivals.com message board and it pretty much says it all.

"Well, if we're going to suggest that she has sex for money, the obvious follow-up question is, "how much?"

And according to CNN, she is the defendant in a lawsuit alleging she took $1.75 MILLION.

Sterling - Racist.

Trashy girlfriend - Prostitute.

We don't have to pick sides in this. Neither of them are people you would want babysitting your kids."
Well one thing for certain, the NBA got their hands full with this one. Even if they fine the tape not to be creditable, because of his pass history of discrimination its going to be hard to convince the public his innocent... Im just confused as to why the (public) is going in on the players so hard... calling them sellouts! WHY???? It's still their jobs, they still have a contract to honor.... Personally I think the fans need to take a stand first, "stop going to the games!!!! The NBA will get the message and handle it ASAP! Why dont people understand this is truly a legal issue at this point it takes time, to be dealt with.

I am surprised how swiftly the NBA has moved on this issue.

Although I think the guy is a bum, I am concern that we have reached a point in our society that a private moment/conversation can hit social media and there's not turning back the hands of time. Scary times for sure.

Wow!

Sterling is about to get paid close to a billion for a team he paid $14 million for decades ago.

Originally posted by Boomerang87:
I am concern that we have reached a point in our society that a private moment/conversation can hit social media and there's not turning back the hands of time. Scary times for sure.
That was the position of a talk-radio host yesterday as well, but I disagree.

It's more dangerous to have people of influence say/ do things in private different than they say/ do in public, than it is to worry about the consequences of private conversations so easily becoming public.

Think back to the infamous "this is my last election - I'll have more flexibility after" line delivered to Medvedev to pass to Putin in 2012. Link: Reuters[/URL]. Put that in context with what has transpired with Russia to this point.

Obviously, exposing that "private" conversation didn't derail his efforts, but it does show a willingness to conceal true intentions/ feelings. The practice of misleading the voting public or your customer base while concealing your true feelings and intentions can have much greater ramifications than individuals being exposed for what they really are.

And as a private business, the NBA has every right to choose who can be a part of their organization and who can't based on their beliefs - clearly, Sterling has no place in a business so heavily reliant on african american fans and players.

This post was edited on 4/29 3:28 PM by joeben83

Originally posted by joeben83:
I am concern that we have reached a point in our society that a private moment/conversation can hit social media and there's not turning back the hands of time. Scary times for sure.
That was the position of a talk-radio host yesterday as well, but I disagree.

It's more dangerous to have people of influence say/ do things in private different than they say/ do in public, than it is to worry about the consequences of private conversations so easily becoming public.

Think back to the infamous "this is my last election - I'll have more flexibility after" line delivered to Medvedev to pass to Putin in 2012. Link: Reuters[/URL]. Put that in context with what has transpired with Russia to this point.

Obviously, exposing that "private" conversation didn't derail his efforts, but it does show a willingness to conceal true intentions/ feelings. The practice of misleading the voting public or your customer base while concealing your true feelings and intentions can have much greater ramifications than individuals being exposed for what they really are.

And as a private business, the NBA has every right to choose who can be a part of their organization and who can't based on their beliefs - clearly, Sterling has no place in a business so heavily reliant on african american fans and players.

This post was edited on 4/29 3:28 PM by joeben83
Agreed! Well said! It is truly more dangerous to wear a mask! Specially with the people whose making you filthy rich.... And for the fact you was laying down with someone, who's part of the color you "hate". HOW???? The truth always comes to the light.
This post was edited on 4/29 7:21 PM by Bulletproof09

Originally posted by armyfan:

These are scary times, and not only because there is a double standard.
scared0010.r191677.gif
I'm not following you Armyfan. What is the double standard?

$1B sale price of a $12.5M asset purchased 33 years earlier is around 14% annualized. Very good return, but not outlandish.

Originally posted by BeatNavy:
$1B sale price of a $12.5M asset purchased 33 years earlier is around 14% annualized. Very good return, but not outlandish.
Sounds like a nice retirement package if you ask me.

These are scary times, and not only because there is a double standard.
scared0010.r191677.gif

Anyone read Larry Johnson's comments? He's a former Knicks player and is currently working in their front office.

He tweeted black NBA players and coaches should get together and form their own "blacks only league"

How is this not deemed racist? Should the NBA ban him too?

Interesting!

Originally posted by OntheHudson87:

Sounds like a nice retirement package if you ask me.
No doubt, but it ignores subsequent spending (he's a cheap bigot, but he has spent money on the team) as well as interim cash flows (almost certainly positive, given his cheapness).

If he had put $12.5M into Berkshire Hathaway in 1981, it would be worth more than $5B today, and he wouldn't have had to spend any money for that return.

This post was edited on 4/30 10:58 AM by BeatNavy

Do you not remember a certain supposed clergyman's comment about "heimy (spell?) town." No big deal there.
question.r191677.gif

Do you not remember a certain supposed clergyman's comment about "heimy (spell?) town." No big deal there.
question.r191677.gif
I do recall the comment by Jesse Jackson. Horrible & stupid statement and one of many he has made during his tenure. I know that he took flake for it hemi town comment. What do you propose should have been done to him with regard to that?

question.r191677.gif
I do recall the comment by Jesse Jackson. Horrible & stupid statement and one of many he has made during his tenure. I know that he took flake for it hemi town comment. What do you propose should have been done to him with regard to that?
I don't know that anything should have been done to JJ. Free speech is still free speech whether we agree with it or not. As far as I know, DS was speaking in his own home and had the reasonable expectation of privacy. Whether we agree with it or not, he had the right in a one-on-one conversation to speak his mind without fear of retribution. I sure wouldn't have wanted anyone to report my words when I've gone off in a fit of anger.
scared0016.r191677.gif

Without fear of retribution FROM THE GOVERNMENT, yes. The NBA is a business, and if it has policies and procedures in place, it can certainly take action.

Yes, recording the private conversation was sleazy. That doesn't mean that the NBA is wrong to take action.

Without fear of retribution FROM THE GOVERNMENT, yes. The NBA is a business, and if it has policies and procedures in place, it can certainly take action.

Yes, recording the private conversation was sleazy. That doesn't mean that the NBA is wrong to take action.
Agreed! I applaud the NBA, for moving as quickly as they did. Even as to how it came out, to his own admittance it was him on the tape! So what was they suppose to do moving forward? Disregard his hatred towards the people that serve him! He has a pattern of discrimination. What's the bigger picture here? His just 1 person to the other owners, why have his actions or thought process affect a huge organization, they couldn't turn a blind eye to this. How could anyone feel the action that's taking place against him, is not justifiable?

This post was edited on 5/1 8:06 AM by Bulletproof09

question.r191677.gif
I don't know that anything should have been done to JJ. Free speech is still free speech whether we agree with it or not. As far as I know, DS was speaking in his own home and had the reasonable expectation of privacy. Whether we agree with it or not, he had the right in a one-on-one conversation to speak his mind without fear of retribution. I sure wouldn't have wanted anyone to report my words when I've gone off in a fit of anger.
scared0016.r191677.gif
Well my friend, if your rant is Discriminating another race. Then I would say to you, ask yourself why do you feel this way! Even when another (person) has offended me, I've never lashed out according to the color of their skin or background, publicly or private. I look at us as one of the same, I don't have hatred in my heart for people period. Our blood is still the same color!

I agree, but I think the actions of the NBA are hypocritical. They have known for years of this man's actions that have been much worse than the audio TMZ got of hold of. Yet, as an organization, they did absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

I agree, but I think the actions of the NBA are hypocritical. They have known for years of this man's actions that have been much worse than the audio TMZ got of hold of. Yet, as an organization, they did absolutely nothing, nothing at all.
Yes I believe they knew too! However it wasn't a direct embarrassment to the organization. This time he put a (face) to it (Magic Johnson) who is part of the organization! They were just sitting back waiting for the ball to bounce their way, and it did. I don't pretend to believe the NBA, could have done something before now. But now they stepped up and said " enough is enough"

This post was edited on 5/1 9:23 AM by A.M. Allan

Originally posted by Bulletproof09:

question.r191677.gif
scared0016.r191677.gif
Well my friend, if your rant is Discriminating another race. Then I would say to you, ask yourself why do you feel this way! Even when another (person) has offended me, I've never lashed out according to the color of their skin or background, publicly or private. I look at us as one of the same, I don't have hatred in my heart for people period. Our blood is still the same color!
Did I say anything about race?
chairshot.r191677.gif

No, not hypocritical. Just very, very, very, very late. And I'm not sure that there are enough verys in that sentence.

Ignoring it for so long does not mean that doing something now is in any way wrong.

Originally posted by Bulletproof09:

question.r191677.gif
scared0016.r191677.gif
Well my friend, (((( if )))) your rant is Discriminating another race. Then I would say to you, ask yourself why do you feel this way! Even when another (person) has offended me, I've never lashed out according to the color of their skin or background, publicly or private. I look at us as one of the same, I don't have hatred in my heart for people period. Our blood is still the same color!
Did I say anything about race?
chairshot.r191677.gif
Read it again! I never wrote you did, I said ((( IF ))).....
Based on what our discussion was pertaining too! Not meaning to imply anything about you.

This post was edited on 5/3 8:50 AM by Bulletproof09

ADVERTISEMENT