ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ray Rice would not have survived at the University of Texas

DocJayy

General of the Army
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2006
Charlie Strong isn't fooling around at Texas. Good to see a Head Coach and program take a stand and not put up with nonsense. Shameful action or lack of action by the NFL and Baltimore Ravens who knock out his girlfriend.

Strong takes a stand

I don't know what happened. I know Mrs Rice was arrested with Raymell. Neither went to court or was convicted of anything. They got married since (we engaged before events). I'm not sure what people want from NFL if courts didn't do anything. Its like the IRS clears someone in an audit and media wants their employer to punish them anyway. Rice will lose close to a half million from 2 games on ice.

As for C.Strong - I like him. Rice's former coach Schiano was out of the same mold.

The irony here for me is that Stephen A. Smith receives a longer sentence for his comments (which by the way, I agree with), than that of Rice who BLASTED OUT his girlfriend/fiancee/now wife.

Are_You_Kidding_Me.jpeg

So one asshole (Ray Rice) knocks out his lady and loses two weeks of pay. Another guy speaks on the subject where he leaves one to believe that "provoking" the situation is part of the cause and loses one week of pay. Oh, okay, I now get it. The entire situation from top to bottom is a reflection on how silly our society has become today.

The following is from poster RU4Real on the Rutgers' Rivals site"

The real issue here isn't the degree to which Ray was wrong or the degree to which Steven Smith may have been wrong for making the comments he made.

The real issue is that he offered an opinion, in his role as an opinion-driven journalist, and because that opinion didn't align with the current Collective Group-Think, he was publicly excoriated.

I watched a panel "discussion" just yesterday afternoon on CNN. The female anchor and her two female guests were orgiastic in what could only loosely be called criticism. What it really was, was an all-out character assault. For which they, of course, suffer no repercussions because they're simply parroting the Collective Group-Think.

Smith's message was pretty simple - human behavior is largely based on stimulus-response. Sure, it's wrong to punch a woman, but it's also probably a good idea for women to own up to their half of civilized social behavior.

The CNN panelists were unanimous in stating that Ray's wife spit on him, so he punched her. And that was a horribly criminal reaction. But let's face it - if a guy spit on you, you'd probably punch him. If you don't want to run the risk of getting punched, don't spit on people

go-hide-your-crazy-and-start-acting-like-a-lady.png

So help me to understand, some on this thread are saying she deserved what she got cause she provoked him? Spit on me and I will knock you out like a man!!! OK OK I get it now

The sensitivity on this case is a serious issue against women against abuse. IMO if your against Mr. Smith being disciplined for his public opinion or agree with what he said, by him saying that a if a woman provokes a man, then she gets what she deserves.. Then I'm stuck on what you believe against domestic violence. So if he had of killed her for spitting on him, would you consider that going to far?

This post was edited on 7/31 2:05 PM by Bulletproof09

I know this started out as a Strong at Texas thread but morphed in something else.

But as far as Strong goes, a great article about him in last week's Sports Illustrated - worth the read. I am not a big Texas fan, but kind of hope that he does well.

Originally posted by swburke:
I know this started out as a Strong at Texas thread but morphed in something else.

But as far as Strong goes, a great article about him in last week's Sports Illustrated - worth the read. I am not a big Texas fan, but kind of hope that he does well.
By chance do you have the link to the SI article?

Originally posted by ccsblackknights:

Originally posted by swburke:

By chance do you have the link to the SI article?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11248601/kansas-state-coach-bill-snyder-offers-advice-texas-longhorns-coach-charlie-strong

Originally posted by Armyranger26:
Rice should be banned from the NFL, PERIOD!
The video only proves what everyone knew and especially the NFL that is just a ^**%$(ing joke.

Rice contract terminated and Ravens release him.....couple of minutes ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT