ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Massive brawl breaks out at end of Kansas-Kansas State | College Basketball on ESPN

BetterThanNavy

Commandant
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Actually, one player from Kansas picked up a chair and if it weren't for what looks like an assistant grabbing it at the last moment, he would most likely blasted someone with the chair. Horrible, but not surprising.

Shameful is pretty much how I see it. If this were to occur in any other school venue, the student-non athlete would probably be kicked out of school and perhaps even charges brought against him/her.

But here we go again - some will be suspended and then when those some make it to the professional level and act up, we know it's that continuing entitlement and I'm the man attitude that we read about daily with professional athletes.

The irony is that the best player for this past decade in basketball is Lebron James and if anyone should feel they can act like a jerk, it would be him, but he's just the opposite.

#JustMyTwoCents

Absolutely disagree with Jay Williams on trying to justify the actions of the young man who picked up the STOOL! #ComeOnJay

I bet if you went to the Kansas Rivals message boards, the fans would be attempting to justify the actions of their team and that's what fans do. But if the tables were turned, they would have calling out the Kansas State players. Wrong is wrong and the whole thing is wrong and action should be taken. What action? That's open for debate as well.

Reactions: WarJayhawks
I thought we were pass this macho bulls*&^%!

There was fault all around on the closing seconds of the game, but serious Kansas Big Man, are you really that concern up by a zillion that someone little guy off the bench (who probably never plays) steals the ball from you go in for lay as clock is running out. Obviously you are, you run down block the shot and run up to him as he is down on the floor to stand over him like you accomplished something beyond human understanding. #SMH

Reactions: WarJayhawks
I thought we were pass this macho bulls*&^%!

There was fault all around on the closing seconds of the game, but serious Kansas Big Man, are you really that concern up by a zillion that someone little guy off the bench (who probably never plays) steals the ball from you go in for lay as clock is running out. Obviously you are, you run down block the shot and run up to him as he is down on the floor to stand over him like you accomplished something beyond human understanding. #SMH

Kansas' Silvio De Sousa appeared to put the exclamation mark on his team's 81-60 victory with a block of DaJuan Gordon in the final seconds, but he stared down the Kansas State player and stood over him.

c4d038a3-67cb-47ad-adc2-96b918636996-GTY_1201066938.JPG

I bet if you went to the Kansas Rivals message boards, the fans would be attempting to justify the actions of their team and that's what fans do. But if the tables were turned, they would have calling out the Kansas State players. Wrong is wrong and the whole thing is wrong and action should be taken. What action? That's open for debate as well.

Then you'd be wrong. The majority of Ks fans are pissed that their player acted in the way he did...many are advocating that De Sousa never play a game in a KU jersey again.

Many are also asking about what KSU players are going to be suspended as well...but that's where the 'open for debate' part comes in.

Reactions: Boomerang87
Then you'd be wrong. The majority of Ks fans are pissed that their player acted in the way he did...many are advocating that De Sousa never play a game in a KU jersey again.

Many are also asking about what KSU players are going to be suspended as well...but that's where the 'open for debate' part comes in.

Hawker-2001, from your perspective (other Kansas or Kansas State chime in), who should be at fault here and what actions (if any) should occur?

Not directly on topic but according to a sports agent I know whose clients are 95% basketball players Kansas is the dirtiest program in the country.

Reactions: Catilac
As a K-State fan my take. think Bruce Weber needs to suspend Antonio Gordon for a few games for shoving DeSouza as DeSouza is taunting DaJuan Gordon, and James Love kicked off the team (he was the dude in street clothes in the white jeans). The freshman (DaJuan Gordon) who stole the ball didn't really do anything you can penalize him for, even though he shouldn't have stolen the ball. Besides.. he's a freshman. Hopefully he learns from this.

K-State technically started the incident with the steal you could say. Or maybe it was DeSouza for taunting. Whatever the case may be... it escalated. KSU player shoves KU player who is taunting. KU player starts throwing punches that's when things really got started. Stupidity all around.

As a K-State fan my take. think Bruce Weber needs to suspend Antonio Gordon for a few games for shoving DeSouza as DeSouza is taunting DaJuan Gordon, and James Love kicked off the team (he was the dude in street clothes in the white jeans). The freshman (DaJuan Gordon) who stole the ball didn't really do anything you can penalize him for, even though he shouldn't have stolen the ball. Besides.. he's a freshman. Hopefully he learns from this.

K-State technically started the incident with the steal you could say. Or maybe it was DeSouza for taunting. Whatever the case may be... it escalated. KSU player shoves KU player who is taunting. KU player starts throwing punches that's when things really got started. Stupidity all around.

The steal by the freshman is so insignificant that it blows my mind that DeSouza would let it effect him emotionally, especially after being up by so many points and the game over. Immaturity for sure.

Was DeSouza the one who picked up the stool as well?

Reactions: gocats5611
The steal by the freshman is so insignificant that it blows my mind that DeSouza would let it effect him emotionally, especially after being up by so many points and the game over. Immaturity for sure.

Was DeSouza the one who picked up the stool as well?

Yes he is.

Incidentally he is also one of the players involved in the FBI investigation of Adidas funneling truckloads of money to Kansas basketball recruits to get them to sign. De Sousa's guardian accepted $60,000 to steer him to the KU program.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...g-from-fbi-case-involving-college-basketball/

Yes he is.

Incidentally he is also one of the players involved in the FBI investigation of Adidas funneling truckloads of money to Kansas basketball recruits to get them to sign. De Sousa's guardian accepted $60,000 to steer him to the KU program.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...g-from-fbi-case-involving-college-basketball/

Well, since he is still on the squad (or at least he was last night), then I am assuming that nothing came of the above allegations. Secondly, that really has nothing to do with his actions last night.

Too much goon boasting going on his sports. Guys should be taunting, flexing, tea bagging guys on the floor. You see the same thing in NFL. Guys are losing 34-7 but they flex all over like a hero if they make a tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT