ADVERTISEMENT

Army Football Official GBK’s Game Day Thread: Army Black Knights vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (10/12)

Charles Grevious

Dec 23, 2009

Game Time: 7:00pm EST, Saturday, October 12th

GBK Cover-It-Live Opens: Saturday (10/12) @ 6:45 pm EST (however anyone can chime in at anytime prior to and of course during the game)

TV: Stadium

Chris Vosters (play-by-play) & Jordan Palmer (color analyst)

Historically, our Cover-It-Live would be housed on the front page of our GBK site, which would take you the our CIL content page and you would be allowed to link right in the the Live Chat.

However, for the Army-Tulane contest and going forward, the Cover-It-Live service has ceased and is no longer an option. Therefore you can enter the LIVE CHAT through either of our two message boards (which is where the LIVE chat will take place)....

... Non-Premium (CLICK HERE - Army Black Knights Football) or Premium (CLICK HERE - The 12th Knight) door!

With that being said, “Who’s Got Their Game Face On? .... Because It Is Showtime” See you back here at 6:45pm EST on Saturday (if not sooner) and even if you are taking in the game LIVE from Bowling Green, Kentucky, you can still jump on either of the COVER-IT-LIVE Threads (The 12th Knight or Army Black Knights Football Message Boards).

THIS IS LIVE & COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD AND RELATIVE TO PRE-GAME CHATTER, IT CAN START ANYTIME (FROM NOW - END OF THE GAME).

NEEDLESS TO SAY WE HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE HERE WITH YOUR GAME FACE ON.

WE WELCOME ALL COMMENTS THAT FALL WITHIN GUIDELINES OF BEING RESPECTABLE.

Note: That the most active fan participation with The LIVE Chat is on the 12th Knight premium message board. In addition, there will be minimum moderation of these threads, although GBK Recruiting Analyst A.M. Allan will be peeking in from time to time throughout the contest.

Why The 12th Knight Premium Message Board?

This is surely not a Bateman type defense. Something is missing for sure.

Come on Morrison, you have to make that tackle. Our young DBs just aren't making plays and now McClinton is hurt again

What are your thoughts on the Black Knights' 1st half performance and what changes if any would you make in the 2nd half?

Need to make adjustments offensively. Defensively need to tighten up coverage and get pressure on QB. WK has a good offensive scheme. See to find a way to adjust to it

Reactions: BlackKnightStrong
IMO we have lost something on defense with the departure of Jay Bateman. Also, our fullback crew is not as talented and deep as we were last year and O-line is not even close to being effective as we were last year and the loss of Bryce Holland at center is very apparent.

Reactions: AE89
Think about this folks - we are being shut out and our ground game is non-existent against Western Kentucky. #IamJustSaying :(

It'll be interesting to see if we can even get a first down. I can't believe we only have three friggin first downs so far. Pathetic football!

Think about this folks - we are being shut out and our ground game is non-existent against Western Kentucky. #IamJustSaying :(

One of the crappiest pass play calls I have seen. Please get some creativity!!!

I agree we're getting worse. We'll be favored against VMI and that's about it. Just don't let the squids take the trophy back.

I hate to say it but If we can’t run our base offense then something has to change. We get desperate and we start passing with success and low and behold the F’ing middle of the field opens up for the run. Adapt to you Damn environment you are faced with!

We got our ass kicked in every phase and category in this game

It is hard to know where to start. The poor performance against the three weak teams we beat should have been a lesson for all Army fans. This team is just not NEARLY as good as the past two teams. We simply have not been able to replace our lost Center, FBs, LBs, and Defensive Coordinator.

Something is definitely missing with this team in addition to the personnel. The fire, determination, coaching, and team leadership is just not up to last year's standards.

I watched both the Navy and AF game today. I think their players are no better than ours but they play with spirit and determination. I am afraid that both AF and Navy will beat us by 3 TDs. We will probably have problems with the likes of VMI.

If I was the Head coach I would consider replacing a few (case by case basis) of the starting juniors and seniors who are not playing well with younger, hungry, motivated players.

Must have been a little overwhelming watching three games all going on at the same time.

I’m trying to take the emotion out of it and say something salient. Our offensive line has taken a step back and are full backs hv taking a step back from last year. when we’re not playing hide the hoagie and our defenses on the field as much as they are they’re occasionally going to bend and occasionally going to break against bigger faster opponents. Opposing coaches are spending a lot more time game planning against us and doing a good job of taking us out of our game plan. Running the ball straight at us and getting us in space, Taking away the full back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT