ADVERTISEMENT

Nice win over Navy....finally

I watched both the Mens and womens games on CBSSN...They were very good...The men outmatched Navy which is a bit of a sea change...The women put quite a fight and almost came back. The men are fun to watch when our shooters are on...while I like and appreciate BB, I do not know all the ends and outs of modern game...Navy had two horses a Soph and a Snr..The senior Sugars was a little off his game...I understand he has been hurt..we live from the outside and you would think that would open up the inside..I believe it does, but we seem to have trouble finishing..The other thing that was frustrating was our inability to finish both halfs.. we scored our last point at the 5:14 mark of the 2nd half off a free throw....I know our focus became good solid defense and extended possessions (attrition warfare)-which obviously worked- but still we never even got to the line and we were in a double penalty situation...The 1st Half was not quite as strange at the end, but a little bit of the same phenomenom. We did break the Navy attempts at a full court press very well and we shot free throws and threes big time. Of course the sheer joy I take at beating Navy was something special and certainly made my weekend,

Go Army!

Agree on prior points. As stated a few times, Army will win some games with hot outside shooting that maybe we should not win, but this one was Army's all the way. Navy REALLY struggles with their guard play. Unless something changes dramatically, they are destined to continue their long season. As for the Black Knights, they really have a very good shot at winning 2 in a row in league play as Colgate comes to USMA on Wednesday.

Despite the almost comforatable win against Navy, turnovers and general haphazard control of the ball on each possession remains a huge concern and will keep the team from going on any winning streaks. Lots of young talent on the team but their inability to go down the court 4-5 times without a turnover is simply painful to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT