ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh coming to town

chipporter

First Captain
Jul 10, 2007
It seems apparent that the coaches total focus is on winning Patriot League games (which is probably the right thing). The fact that they didn't start Seaman today against Marist tells me they want him fresh and ready on Saturday.

While Bucknell/Holy Cross and Navy/Lafayette beat each other up, nothing would be sweeter than to chase Lehigh from Doubleday with another weekend woodshed beating. If we can get our bats going early and jumpstart the confidence, it'll be a long slow train back for the Engineers.

Agree on all...if we come out swinging hot bats, I think we can put a beatin on them BUT if we are slow to warm up the bats and we don't get the quality starts from our pitchers it could be an even weekend. Just need to continue to swing and hopefully build on our pitching from last weekend.

I think the Marist loss could have been a blessing in disguise to bring us back down to earth after being named the "National College Baseball Team of the Week." You never want to lose but if nothing else, it was a non-league reminder to the team that we are still going to have to battle to have a shot at the PL title. Hopefully the loss will prevent us from coming out flat on Saturday.

Just my thoughts as I know several of you have more insight to the team mindset than I. Any news on starters, confidence, injuries or in general?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT