ADVERTISEMENT

Army Football Last Minute FG gives North Texas 52-49 win over Army

Strange game. NT has one of best passing offenses in nation - a poor match-up for Army. When NT started pulling ahead I figured Army would be toast. Losing by a point and with goofy penalties isn't any fun, but its kind of a miracle Army was even still in the game with 49 points. I can't remember the last time Army scored that much vs a good FBS team with winning record (not the Fordhams, UTEPs etc).

Strange game. NT has one of best passing offenses in nation - a poor match-up for Army. When NT started pulling ahead I figured Army would be toast. Losing by a point and with goofy penalties isn't any fun, but its kind of a miracle Army was even still in the game with 49 points. I can't remember the last time Army scored that much vs a good FBS team with winning record (not the Fordhams, UTEPs etc).

Perhaps, but it still a game that we didn’t win that we should have won. No moral victories IMO.

I was listening to the NT player post game. Reporter asked the QB (Fine) what made the offense so good vs Army. He said that with the cushion Army gave to WRs he knew he could get the ball to his playmakers. I didn't see the game yet and was wondering if Army brought any heat to the QB. The QB (soph) is now #14 in nation statistically and ahead of Darnold. Only NT wanted him since he's small

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT