ADVERTISEMENT

Interview with Army HC Zach Spiker now posted

Rob,
Nicely done article. Think Coach Spiker is getting his arms around the challenges he is facing here. In future weeks would love to hear his thoughts on his underclassmen and who is impressing him as well as prep school and recruiting once the season is done.

Rob or others who follow the BB program. I still don't know who the players are. Can someone educate me on who is who when it comes to the top 2-3 performers on the team?

Thanks

Basketball team looks to 2 players to consistently provide offesne - firstie Cleveland Richard and yearling Julian Simmons. Richard has the most complete gam of the two with the ability to drive the ball in and hit a mid-range jumper as well as use the glass. He is also key in our defense averaging over 2 stealing/game. Simmons is classic instant offense who has yet to record one assist this year ( I am sure other coaching staffs notice this petty quickly also). I believe he was shooting around 55% from 3 point land after the first five or so games. He has cooled since then but remains a very important cog in the offense. The team is deep at the other positions with firsties all over the place. the guard combo of Marcus Nelson and Josh Miller have been key to the b-ball team since their plebe year. Hard nosed and defensive oriented they can explode for double digit points on any given night. The center position is seeing firstie Chris Walker take his game to the next level. A more than adaquate rebounder, he is off to the best start in his career. As a plebe, he earned a lot of playing time but lost minutes his yearling and cow years. A very nice find,plebe, Ella Ellis appears to be the heir apparent fo the center positon for years to come . He is already receiving some key minutes early in his career. One player , out with an injury the last 5 or so games, Tyrell Thompson is an explosive , complete player who is needed in the rotation if the team is going to make the noise we all hope it will make during the 2009-10 basketball season. Hope this helps NJ Fan !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT