ADVERTISEMENT

I was at the AU game and...

Jul 25, 2008
...came away extremely proud of our basketball team, as well as the pep band, cheerleaders, and crew. The guys played their rear ends off for 40 minutes...the hardest/best that I've ever seen us play. When we were up five with about two minutes left, I really thought we had em right where we wanted em. Coach had us well prepared today. We'll unfortunately have to put this one in the "shoulda" column, but I'm still proud of our boys. The future for Army Basketball looks bright.

The pep band and cheerleaders also did an outstanding job...they had me and most of the Army fans there yelling/cheering. I can't help but think that our cadets in the stands (and fans following their lead) really helped our guys, especially defensively. And our cheerleaders where 100 times better than their cheerleaders...no contest. Army put on a heck of a show of intensity, pride, and class on the court and in the stands. The atmosphere was electric (for a small arena), and all of our kids made me proud today.

We'll get over the hump next year...you heard it here first!

Go Army!!

Best,
MAJ Mike Helton

BK98 - Thanks for the soundoff. I had every intention of being there until they decided for a Sunday tipoff instead of Saturday as pervious obligations had to be met. Had a set or two of eyes out there and they confirmed exactly what you said. Program continues to move forward. Next year has all key guard and perimeter players back, will need to find some size to rebound the ball. The expereince level will be high, they should enter the season with high expectations. Look for a winning season in the Patriot League - would love to get over the hump and find a way to get into the conference finals if not win it.

Navy will field an improved team - keep your eyes on them. I also suspect that the usual suspects - American and Holy Cross will be strong. All in all, it took the better part of the season , but the b-ballers delivered on expectations as Feb. turned to March - better days are ahead !

No problem...it was a great game and my family and I enjoyed ourselves.

I was just looking at rosters. Army returns its top 4 scorers next year.
American U loses it's top 3 scorers, and they lose 5 of their top 6. They have no Juniors on the team this year. Holy Cross is a different story...top scorer is a freshman. But you heard it here first...we should beat AU twice next year...three times if we play them in the tournament. Army needs to approach the off-season with confidence that we can compete for the PL championship next year. Our boys need to work their rear ends off...and we can get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT