ADVERTISEMENT

Great Game

caliHORNia

Commander in Chief
Nov 20, 2001
Just wanted to drop in and offer my appreciation for your team's effort, skill, and classy behavior this weekend.

Ya'll had us on the ropes and that's hard to do coming out of the back end of the bracket.

Lastly, thanks for your service.

From an Austin Longhorn fan, we really enjoyed having Army here this weekend and every Longhorn fan is very impressed with your baseball team. I love the way they never give up, have confidence in themselves, and play with great discipline. People here appreciate good college baseball and Army provided us with a lot of it this weekend. Congratulations to the whole team and the Army nation.

Thanks guys. We often don't get a lot of credit due to our conference, weak schedule, etc. But as Texas State and BC found out, Army is developing into a legitimate college baseball program for all the reasons you mentioned above. Besides a few outliers, we will never pull in a top 100 type recruit. To make up for that, the Army team takes great pride in doing the little things right and putting forth their best effort every minute they are on a baseball field whether it is practice or a game. Hopefully this weekend's showing, mixed with a good showing in Tallahassee a few years ago, will start to give Army some of the respect it deserves.

And the biggest thing to note is how young we were this year. This team could be real scary in the next few years.

Tough day around here today, but we'll get past it.

Thanks to all those UT folks for extending such great hospitality and welcoming The Army Baseball Family to Austin.

Good luck as you travel further down the path. Hook 'em Horns!

GO ARMY!

Texas plays for the title tonight...

I normally pull for the SEC when I don't have a dog in the fight but tonight I'm pulling for Texas.

Go Horns!
Go Army!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT