ADVERTISEMENT

Getting Bigger

aleclee

Commandant
Mar 13, 2006
It's a good read from beginning to end but these two paragraphs really caught my eye:
First-year coach Jeff Monken said his sophomores, juniors and seniors have added a combined 1,440 pounds of muscle since he took over the program on Jan. 8. A high percentage of the gains have come this summer.

"It's an average of 14.69 pounds per player," Monken said. "It (moving up military training) has made all the difference in the world."
When was the last time our returning players came to camp nearly 15 lbs heavier (on average) compared to the end of the previous season? Nice to see the team finally getting the institutional support it deserves.

Army football team is bigger, tougher

Originally posted by aleclee:
It's a good read from beginning to end but these two paragraphs really caught my eye:
First-year coach Jeff Monken said his sophomores, juniors and seniors have added a combined 1,440 pounds of muscle since he took over the program on Jan. 8. A high percentage of the gains have come this summer.

"It's an average of 14.69 pounds per player," Monken said. "It (moving up military training) has made all the difference in the world."
When was the last time our returning players came to camp nearly 15 lbs heavier (on average) compared to the end of the previous season? Nice to see the team finally getting the institutional support it deserves.
Yep, but this was also reported here last week on GBK. Hmmmm?

Q&A with Caron

Aleclee I said that in another thread, having the support of the institution is what's making it all come together. As you said (moving up military training) payed off big time. It gave the team all the time to think about football and work on the things that needed to be addressed. (We) have been screaming for the support of the institution for years, now we got it. Now it's one more thing to address, better production for the away games. IMO they need to be on the grounds earlier then the night before. How will they figure that problem out.

Originally posted by BlackKnightProud:

Yep, but this was also reported here last week on GBK. Hmmmm?
"Thou shalt not share premium content outside the premium section."
nerd.r191677.gif

Lt. Gen. Caslen is the man who made the decision to empower the football leadership to implement impactful and positive changes. Truly good for all things Army. There is no doubt that Coach Monken and his system will get the most out of the ability of the players on this team.

Go Army

Nordo

On the one hand, I am so pleased that it appears that army football is FINALLY a priority for Army. You know, the idea that if you are going to have a football team, at least give it a chance to compete.

On the other hand, as a 35 year fan of college football and a 25 year army fan, it is SOOOOOO frustrating that it is 2014 and we are finally doing something that we should have done 2 decades ago.

But progress late is still progress.

Originally posted by centuryman:
On the one hand, I am so pleased that it appears that army football is FINALLY a priority for Army. You know, the idea that if you are going to have a football team, at least give it a chance to compete.

On the other hand, as a 35 year fan of college football and a 25 year army fan, it is SOOOOOO frustrating that it is 2014 and we are finally doing something that we should have done 2 decades ago.

But progress late is still progress.
Wow Century that's along time, but lease you get to see it now... better late then never

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT