ADVERTISEMENT

GBK: COLTS LB, JOSH MCNARY - LIVE BLOG/CHAT (FREE)

A.M. Allan

General of the Army
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2006
GET YOUR QUESTIONS READY & Join in the GBK LIVE Blog/Chat (free) with former Army defensive end/current Indianapolis Colts linebacker, Josh McNary.

1016803_607468886014689_227678614_n.jpg

Click link to chat with & post your questions for McNary during the 30 minute Q&A session @ 7pm EST on March 12th.

COLTS LB, JOSH MCNARY - LIVE BLOG/CHAT (FREE)

I have my questions lined up.

One of the most exciting defensive players that we have had in years at Army. I loved watching him and that entire defensive play together.

WOW.... great questions and of course, it was great to hear what Josh had to say.

I just got off the phone with him and he sincerely appreciates all the support from the Army fan base. He has some stiff competition going into camp and the 2014 season, as the Colts just signed Browns' linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, not to mention returning vets. But Josh is up to the task at hand.

CLICK HERE !

McNary is an awesome rep for the West Point and Army football brand. That was confirmed and came across clearly during the Blog/Chat last night. Great job GBK.

Wow, the CoveritLive replay of the McNary Live Blog & Chat is still active.

6'0" and 250ish? That's like a fire hydrant. I would have asked him how he ended up inside instead of weak side LB.

Originally posted by ashokan:
6'0" and 250ish? That's like a fire hydrant. I would have asked him how he ended up inside instead of weak side LB.
It's called being more concerned and focused on the end results versus measurables like height and weight.

Yes but today's "results" are better acquired with fast and mobile LBs - which McNary was a natural for. The trend has been away from thick beefcake LBs. Middle LBs plug up the middle and strong side LBs take more blockers while weal side LBs cover more of the field. The most athletic LB usually plays weak side - which McNary was a natural for. I'm not saying he cant play middle obvioulsy he can. It seems to me a bit like taking a good running back and fattening him up to be a FB when they are going out of style.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT