ADVERTISEMENT

GBK: ARMY POST SPRING FOOTBALL DEPTH CHART (Free)

A.M. Allan

General of the Army
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2006
ARMY POST SPRING FOOTBALL DEPTH CHART (Free) & GET READY FOR ARMY FOOTBALL 2014.
1530067.jpg

CLICK HERE

I don't like the idea of Moss as a PR. I would love to Stephan Fraser back there, along with Josh Jenkins.

Powis has dropped from being a potential 4-year starter at center to back OT.

Doc, agreed that interesting for Powlis to move that way - think that with his experience that he will be an asset. Of course a new staff may not view that experience as good. Also true that some nose tackles really disrupted the O last couple of years - I am sure they saw the tape.

My first thought on the whole chart - YOUNG! Not many seniors.

Originally posted by swburke:
Doc, agreed that interesting for Powlis to move that way - think that with his experience that he will be an asset. Of course a new staff may not view that experience as good. Also true that some nose tackles really disrupted the O last couple of years - I am sure they saw the tape.

Without going into the detail that is tied to the 12th Knight and on this same subject. Part of what we are seeing is a change in style of coaching from Monken vs. Ellerson. The days of burping players is now gone.

Originally posted by ArmyMadDog:

Without going into the detail that is tied to the 12th Knight and on this same subject. Part of what we are seeing is a change in style of coaching from Monken vs. Ellerson. The days of burping players is now gone.
Hahahahaha I like the way you said that.....

Interesting observation considering that half the players of the starting 22 are seniors (11) and another 6 are juniors. That's more upperclassmen and nearly as many seniors in the starting lineup as the 2010 team, which was the most experienced team Ellerson fielded in his 5 years as HC (2010 had 12 seniors and 3 juniors in the starting 22 against SMU). Powis, Santiago, and Lawrence dropping in the depth chart kept it from being overwhelmingly dominated by seniors, but all three are still around in reserve roles. The apparent youth influence is more in the 2d and 3d echelons along with special teams, but even most of those guys are no longer rookies and there is a reasonable sprinkling of seniors at those levels as well.

King got a lot of playing time on special teams last season, which leaves Moreau and Timpf as the only rookies (no VLs) in the starting lineup. If you want to include the TEs, then you can count Hobbs as a rookie as well, but since we didn't have TEs last season that's to be expected. The starting defense averages 1.9 varsity letters and the starting offense 1.6 (including the TE).

While we can only speculate about the number of plebes that will crack the depth chart, it's not likely to come close to the number that ended up playing and starting on that 2011 team, and probably not even the 2012 team when more than half the team was sophomores with 3 starting plebes.

ADVERTISEMENT